What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Dog That Nino Didn't Have
This topic is about The Dog That Nino Didn't Have
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Children's Picture Book, Painted (watercolor?) illustrations, about a boy who lives or spends time in the woods and wants a dog. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sophia (new) - added it

Sophia | 2 comments I believe the boy has an "imaginary" dog for most of the book. I feel that the title might have been something along the lines of the name of the boy + 's + "dog", however, I am not positive about that. The book is beautifully painted with earth tone colors, the version I had seen at a library 1-2 years ago was quite a tall, moderately thin hardcover book. I believe the cover may have had a soft matte finish. I recall that it is a very recent book, most probably published within the past 5 years or so. My best guess at the year would be around 2015 or 2016.

I was either working as a student helper or volunteering at the time and I recall the book being towards the back of the stacks, maybe somewhere around the section with author last names "W - Z". However, it was being displayed on top of the shelf. The book gave a very outdoorsy, camping vibe, but also a calm, nature-inspired one. Seemed to be fairly indie. I found the book in the Kihei Public Library on Maui, in the Easy part of the Juvenile section where all the picture books are.

This might be a long shot, as unfortunately, there didn't seem to be too many words in the book and it was the illustrations that really grabbed my attention. But thank you so much in advance for helping me, I feel like it would be extremely easy to find it again online if only I had the title. It was truly one of the most beautifully illustrated picture books I've seen.

message 3: by Sophia (new) - added it

Sophia | 2 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "The Dog That Nino Didn't Have?"

Yes, that is the book! Thank you so very much! :D

message 4: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19092 comments Awesome, glad to help out!