The Sword and Laser discussion

TV, Movies and Games > Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker

Comments Showing 1-50 of 127 (127 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Trike (new)

Trike | 8157 comments Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker Trailer dropped.

Oh, FFS.

https://youtu.be/CoGwf-vOEYM

message 2: by Dara (new)

Dara (cmdrdara) | 2693 comments Just curious on your thoughts. Why FFS?

message 3: by Trike (new)

Trike | 8157 comments Because J.J. is now doing Return if the Jedi Again. Does the guy have any original ideas?

message 4: by Dara (last edited Apr 12, 2019 11:36AM) (new)

Dara (cmdrdara) | 2693 comments I mean, he did the same thing for A New Hope and that made *checks notes* one megabuttload trillion dollars.

message 5: by John (Taloni) (new)

John (Taloni) Taloni (johntaloni) | 3861 comments I suppose I'll see it. Third week or so. Won't care if it gets spoiled.

message 6: by Trike (new)

Trike | 8157 comments John (Taloni) wrote: "I suppose I'll see it. Third week or so. Won't care if it gets spoiled."

Watch RotJ. Boom, spoiled.

message 7: by Trike (new)

Trike | 8157 comments Star Wars: episode VII: A New New Hope

Star Wars: episode IX: Return of Return of the Jedi

message 8: by Dara (last edited Apr 12, 2019 12:13PM) (new)

Dara (cmdrdara) | 2693 comments ...I think it really says something that I called Episode VII A New Hope when I definitely meant The Force Awakens.

message 9: by Phillip (new)

Phillip Murrell | 286 comments My first thought was, "Yay, another desert planet." The shots looks good, but I've lowered my expectations of Star Wars lately. I did love Rogue One, so hopefully Disney can tap into more of that magic.

message 10: by Ian (RebelGeek) (new)

Ian (RebelGeek) Seal (rebel-geek) | 507 comments I cried at work. Whateva!

message 11: by Viola (new)

Viola | 185 comments At this point I only hope that the characters are back to the way they were in The Force Awakens.

And I don't care if he uses The Caravan of Courage as a template as long as this train wreck of a trilogy will end.

message 12: by Trike (new)

Trike | 8157 comments Viola wrote: "And I don't care if he uses The Caravan of Courage as a template as long as this train wreck of a trilogy will end."

Apparently the Star Wars movies will go on a hiatus after IX comes out.

message 13: by Trike (new)

Trike | 8157 comments Dara wrote: "...I think it really says something that I called Episode VII A New Hope when I definitely meant The Force Awakens."

It’s one of my major gripes with JJ Abrams’ movies: he has no original ideas. All he does is regurgitate old stuff. Both of his Trek movies were just repeats, too. The first one was Wrath of Khan + Nemesis, and the second was straight Khan.

There’s even an A-wing in this trailer. I’m 99% positive the next one will have Ewok equivalents.

message 14: by John (Taloni) (new)

John (Taloni) Taloni (johntaloni) | 3861 comments Trike wrote: "Apparently the Star Wars movies will go on a hiatus after IX comes out. "

Well, Disney has not exactly been a good steward of this particular property.

As for Rerun of the Jedi, that might actually not suck. If they get the majesty of the first half, and then skip the stupidity of the Ewoks, we might get a decent movie.

message 15: by Viola (new)

Viola | 185 comments Trike wrote: "Apparently the Star Wars movies will go on a hiatus after IX come..."

Have they cancelled the Mandelorian? And wasn’t someone from the Game of Thrones team working on something?

message 16: by Richard (new)

Richard Eyres (richardeyres) | 17 comments I believe the Mandelorian is a series on the new Disney channel, not a new movie.
I think a few years to get a Star Wars Cinematic Universe developed would be beneficial before lumbering into another trilogy.

message 17: by John (Taloni) (new)

John (Taloni) Taloni (johntaloni) | 3861 comments Disney has done well with the MCU by being respectful of the source material. The lesson could not be more obvious. But is anyone listening over there?

message 18: by Trike (new)

Trike | 8157 comments Viola wrote: "Trike wrote: "Apparently the Star Wars movies will go on a hiatus after IX come..."

Have they cancelled the Mandelorian? And wasn’t someone from the Game of Thrones team working on something?"

Yeah, the Mandalorian is a TV series. I guess that will debut when Disney+ goes live in November.

Weiss and Benioff are collaborating with Rian Johnson (The Last Jedi) to develop a trilogy set in the era of the Old Republic. That will take a few years to develop anyway, so the first won’t be out any time soon.

message 19: by Rob, Roberator (new)

Rob (robzak) | 6715 comments Mod
Wow, so many angry nerds in this thread...

Personally I'm looking forward to it. I'm not thrilled at the title. I'm hoping it not a retread of RotJ, and that the title is mostly to mess with people. However, even it is, I'll still probably enjoy it since I generally like all of Abrams stuff. I must be the anti-Trike or something..

I'm hoping Rei doesn't end up getting retconned into being a Skywalker, but I'll take that over a retread of the Darth Vader redemption story with Kylo.

With regards to the new trilogy, I'm apparently in the minority of this group that enjoyed both of the last two movies. I like Force Awakens better, but I enjoyed Last Jedi too, which seems to be largely hated among most hardcore Star Wars fans I've talked to.

Since this is just a bash Disney thread though, I'll probably stay out of it moving forward. I thought the trailer looked great.

message 20: by Cup (new)

Cup of Joe | 6 comments Rob wrote: "Wow, so many angry nerds in this thread...

Personally I'm looking forward to it. I'm not thrilled at the title. I'm hoping it not a retread of RotJ, and that the title is mostly to mess with peopl..."

You're not the only one, Rob! Looking forward to #3 :)

message 21: by Bill (new)

Bill | 105 comments I’m looking forward to this too. I’m not a hardcore Star Wars fan. I’ve seen each of the movies 1 or 2 times. I just look for them to be entertaining and don’t dig too deep into them. I’ve enjoyed all the new movies except for Solo which had its moments but I’m not big into prequels.

message 22: by Trike (new)

Trike | 8157 comments Rob wrote: "Since this is just a bash Disney thread"

No one is bashing Disney.

I’m bashing JJ, because that’s what I do. The guy makes garbage pictures. But it’s not like Lucas was any better at it. *cough*prequels*cough* The only reason most of us like Star Wars at all is because we saw it as children. If I had been 25 instead of 12 back in 1977, I wouldn’t think much of the franchise, either.

message 23: by Shad (new)

Shad (splante) | 345 comments Rob wrote: "Wow, so many angry nerds in this thread...

Personally I'm looking forward to it. I'm not thrilled at the title. I'm hoping it not a retread of RotJ, and that the title is mostly to mess with peopl..."

I'm with you Rob. The trailer was pretty good, but the title concerns me.

message 24: by Rob, Roberator (new)

Trike wrote: "No one is bashing Disney.

I’m bashing JJ, because that’s what I do. The guy makes garbage pictures. "

First off, I get your expressing your opinion on Abrams movies by calling them "garbage"..but personally I think he makes great stuff.

Obviously you just really disdain the guy because you seem to take every opportunity to tell us that. If it was me, I'd just ignore any movie he was working on because your guaranteed not to like it.

I really don't get why you bother with Star Wars movies at all either, since I think you've said you only liked the original movie and don't even like Empire, which most fans seem to agree is the best one. It just seems like a lot of wasted energy to spend on something you don't like.

There is so much stuff out there that probably you do like you could spend all that energy on instead. But to each their own.

And while you may not be bashing Disney their are comments in this thread about how they are treating Star Wars to me indicates on people who are unhappy with them. That seems to be a pretty common complaint on the internet from many of the diehards.

I for one don't agree, and I'm tired of all the negativity. Fandom in general seems to be more negative than positive these days.

It makes me want to pull back from any discussion of anything I like on the internet because it seems as though it's just a bunch of unhappy fans complaining about things they don't like.

I generally only comment on the stuff I like. My reviews for books I don't like are always much shorter than my reviews of books I like. Once I don't like something I want to move onto the next thing that I hope I'll like better.

I'm not a professional critic, or taking a class discussing how to make films/tv/books so I feel like that sort of thing isn't worth my time.

I also don't get bothered if other people love something I don't, because they are welcome to having their own tastes. I just won't participate. I don't think it's worth my time/energy.

But I guess I'm just weird that way.

message 25: by Dara (new)

Dara (cmdrdara) | 2693 comments How I try to deal with things on the internet (try and sometimes fail):

description

message 26: by Richardya (last edited Apr 15, 2019 11:06AM) (new)

Richardya | 58 comments JJ hated the prequels. He had high expectations for the story of young Anakin. When he got to Star Wars in 2015 he was subconsciously doing that Anakin story in Kylo Ren. An angry impetuous teen who was impossible to control.

Bringing back Palpatine is evidence that Kylo teams up with Ray. They need a counterweight and that means going into the vault as opposed to both creating and killing a major bad guy in episode 9. I bet JJ is not happy Ryan Johnson killed Snoke. I imagine Palpatine will take human form in a young actor, Sauron style.

I have liked Kylo and Rey since TFA. They do a good job. In fact the whole trilogy could be edited into some pretty good star wars movies. Delete the awful humor like "holding for General Huxx" and the kangaroo race on planet Las Vegas, erase a few characters like Rose and you get some decent movies with some great moments.

They did Mary-Sue Rey. Hopefully she sacrifices herself for Kylo. Then in 20 years Kylo can take a new apprentice and make a trilogy.

Star Wars will be fine. The guy who did Rebels, Dave Filoni, is amazing. He is working on The Mandelorian. If he can handle live action in that TV series they will eventually give him the reins and Kathleen and JJ can do other projects.

message 27: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Richter (stephenofllongbeach) | 1318 comments Disney has more hits than misses if you count Star Wars Rebels, and a $79 annual price for its Disney+ steaming services. Heck I even thought Star Wars Resistance's last 4 episodes pulled out the first season from Alright, to very promising. If you watched any of the Star Wars Celebration panels Dave Filoni wants to bring back more of the Legends EU stuff back into canon.

message 28: by Trike (new)

Trike | 8157 comments When audiences keep oohing and ahhing over garbage, we keep getting garbage.

We had three Star Trek movies before people realized they weren’t any good. Even the cast doesn’t want to be in them any more. Same thing with the DCEU. Ditto with Sony’s Spider-man movies. Why don’t we just cut our losses?

Abrams aggravates me because he just regurgitates previous movies. The Last Jedi certainly has issues, but at least Johnson tried something new. He wasn’t playing it safe by giving us a lame cover tune.

Watch the trailer for IX again, then watch the trailer for RotJ. It’s all the same shots. The hero in the desert. The desert skiffs. Leia hugging someone. Lando laughing. Speed shot from inside the Falcon. Quick cuts of droids and aliens. Green planet. Red lightsaber. If it were another director, I’d be tempted to think that they’re consciously doing this to evoke the adage “history doesn’t repeat but it rhymes”, but this is Abrams. He remade Close Encounters, Wrath of Khan, A New Hope, and True Lies, slappping a coat of paint on them and calling them new.

message 29: by Rob, Roberator (new)

Trike wrote: "When audiences keep oohing and ahhing over garbage, we keep getting garbage.

We had three Star Trek movies before people realized they weren’t any good. Even the cast doesn’t want to be in them an..."

So what? How does the effect you...

Personally, I liked those Star Trek movies. I probably like a lot of movies you don't from the sounds of it. I don't see why it matters so much to you. There is so much content out there now, I can't hope to watch it all. Let people enjoy things you don't...

Hollywood is always going to continue to favor "safe", recycled movies over new and riskier things. That's not a new thing. It's certainly not JJ's fault. Look how many sequels and reboots there are. That isn't new. They've been doing that for as long as I can remember.

A Star it Born is the 3rd (or 4th?) version of that movie. I haven't seen the others, but I really liked the new one. I'm sure people prefer the Judy Garland or Barbra Streisand versions instead. That doesn't mean the new movie was no good because it's a remake.

message 30: by Rick (last edited Apr 15, 2019 06:52PM) (new)

Rick | 2775 comments Holy shit people... Rob's right. If you dislike the new SW films watch something else but a lot of you are just reinforcing the angry nerd stereotype. No one is forcing you to watch the trailers, comment on them or watch the films. If you don't like them and can do nothing but bitch, grow the hell up and MOVE ON. Do it before you end up whining that Rey is female and how dare they have GIRLS in the film.

message 31: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Richter (stephenofllongbeach) | 1318 comments I want Dave Filoni to direct the next trilogy. I will not miss JJ. But I do not hate JJ because they are not Prequel Bad. I am fired up for the Mandalorian ( Nov 12th) and the Clone Wars with Asoka, Rex and Darth Maul.

message 32: by Matthew (new)

Matthew (matthewdl) | 341 comments Rick wrote: "If you don't like them and can do nothing but bitch, grow the hell up and MOVE ON. Do it before you end up whining that Rey is female and how dare they have GIRLS in the film."

I don't think it's fair to lump any criticism of Star Wars into the rather toxic anti-feminist group that has been plaguing fandom lately.

Huge, passionate debates on all the ways Star Wars has screwed up has been a large part of the fandom since Ewoks so I don't think that's going anywhere.

Personally, I've been pretty let down by the new trilogy. They nailed that Star Wars feel perfectly for me. That mixed with great characters, great actors, and stunning visuals should have made for the new Star Wars movie I've always dreamed of seeing but the whole thing has been crippled by mediocre storytelling. I feel like the trilogy so far is less than the sum of its parts. As a fan it's incredibly frustrating. I'd rate VII and VIII pretty close to the Phantom Menace.

I get where Trike is coming from and I don't think it makes you the devil to be critical of something. We can all be critical of something other people enjoy. Similarly, we can all enjoy something that other people are critical of. There's no need to try and suppress opinions here.

message 33: by Rob, Roberator (new)

Stephen wrote: "I want Dave Filoni to direct the next trilogy. I will not miss JJ. But I do not hate JJ because they are not Prequel Bad. I am fired up for the Mandalorian ( Nov 12th) and the Clone Wars with Asoka..."

I'm excited to see how he does at live action, but I'd be fine if they have him direct animated movies too

message 34: by Cup (last edited Apr 16, 2019 02:44AM) (new)

Cup of Joe | 6 comments Matthew wrote: "
I don't think it's fair to lump any criticism of Star Wars into the rather toxic anti-feminist group that has been plaguing fandom lately." ..... There's no need to try and suppress opinions here."

Sure. Yet, when you have folks making statements like "audiences keep oohing and ahhing over garbage, we keep getting garbage" - it goes beyond a critical assessment of the film to a rather distasteful attack on folks who enjoy different things. Ooh, some people enjoy the films, so their puerile tastes clearly make them complicit in ruining SFF cinema. Sheesh.

I think our three threads on Theft of Swords (with a few exceptions) were much more civil examples of folks having differences of opinion over a thing. Folks flagged what they liked (fun read, good banter between main characters), what they disliked (treatment of female characters, elements of the prose), engaged over some of those points and left it at: dfferent strokes for different folks.

message 35: by Richardya (new)

Richardya | 58 comments Matthew wrote: "I don't think it's fair to lump any criticism of Star Wars into the rather toxic anti-feminist group that has been plaguing fandom lately.."

I called Rey a Mary Sue. I should have said "over-powered." But having the untrained good-guy beat the highly trained bad-guy at the end of TFA was not ideal story telling for a trilogy.

message 36: by Sky (new)

Sky Corbelli | 352 comments Richardya wrote: "Matthew wrote: "But having the untrained good-guy beat the highly trained bad-guy at the end of TFA was not ideal story telling for a trilogy."

You know, I enjoyed that fight well enough. I could even get behind the idea that he was injured and she used space magic to be one with the harmony of the laser sword fight or something to even the odds... but now I'm just thinking about how much cooler the fight would have been if it had been framed as Rey running/evading/ambushing with her newly force-augmented parkour/scavenging/jury-rigging skills that the movie did a decent job establishing as her core competencies and it makes me sad.

Thanks, Richardya. You just made me make myself sad.

message 37: by Aaron (new)

Aaron | 264 comments Rob wrote: "I for one don't agree, and I'm tired of all the negativity. Fandom in general seems to be more negative than positive these days."

But we need gatekeepers to protect the purity of fandoms from the wrong people enjoying things the wrong way. Otherwise, we might have differing opinions, inclusion, and popularity that allows smaller artists to earn a living from art instead of day jobs. A society where the majority are actually allowed to enjoy what they enjoy is more fictional than anything we have read.

(In case anyone is unclear, I agree with Rob and the above is me laying into the gatekeeping that is harming so much of life.)

message 38: by Rick (new)

Rick | 2775 comments Matthew wrote: "I get where Trike is coming from and I don't think it makes you the devil to be critical of something. We can all be critical of something other people enjoy. Similarly, we can all enjoy something that other people are critical of. There's no need to try and suppress opinions here.
'..."

Of course it doesn't make you the devil to criticize something, but if you consistently hate a thing (Star Wars, all JJ Abrams stuff), yet you continue to hate-watch and hate-comment on it, you'll get my comment above.

For example, I dislike zombie stuff. Novels, TV, movies. Hate it, for a lot of reasons. I do NOT go on and on about it when a new zombie thing is released. Most post-apoc fiction leaves me cold too. Same thing - I don't generally pop into threads about that stuff to whine about it.

Criticism is more than being negative. It's got to have some detail and nuance. Simply ranting that Disney has effed up Star Wars etc isn't that. It's repetitive bitching and people engaged in it should grow up and move on.

message 39: by Trike (last edited Apr 16, 2019 09:12PM) (new)

Trike | 8157 comments Rob wrote: "So what? How does the effect you..."

I’m a fan of Science Fiction who wants to see good Science Fiction.

It’s not rocket surgery.

message 40: by Trike (new)

Trike | 8157 comments Rick wrote: "Holy shit people... Rob's right. If you dislike the new SW films watch something else but a lot of you are just reinforcing the angry nerd stereotype."

Oh, hello, Mr. Pot, calling all us kettles black.

message 41: by Trike (new)

Trike | 8157 comments Cup wrote: "Sure. Yet, when you have folks making statements like "audiences keep oohing and ahhing over garbage, we keep getting garbage" - it goes beyond a critical assessment of the film to a rather distasteful attack on folks who enjoy different things. Ooh, some people enjoy the films, so their puerile tastes clearly make them complicit in ruining SFF cinema. Sheesh. "

That’s a fair point. Lots of people like things I hate, and vice versa.

It’s still hot garbage.

To quote Carrie Fisher in When Harry Met Sally, “it’s so awful there’s no way to even explain what’s awful about it. I’m on your side, I just trying to help you to have good taste.”

JJ Abrams movies are the stupid garage sale Roy Rogers wagonwheel coffee tables of cinema. https://youtu.be/ZW8zvaTRuGo

message 42: by Trike (new)

Trike | 8157 comments Aaron wrote: "Rob wrote: "I for one don't agree, and I'm tired of all the negativity. Fandom in general seems to be more negative than positive these days."

But we need gatekeepers to protect the purity of fand..."

I volunteer as tribute.

I am the hero this civilization needs, and the one it deserves.

message 43: by John (Taloni) (new)

John (Taloni) Taloni (johntaloni) | 3861 comments Richardya wrote: "I called Rey a Mary Sue. I should have said "over-powered.""

But...Rey is a Mary Sue. It's just that the end of TFA isn't the best example of it.

As for the final fight of TFA, Kylo Ren was weakened after taking a hit to the torso. Memory is dim on the details, only saw it once. It's not too surprising for a gifted beginner with burgeoning powers to take on the more highly trained injured person. That wasn't even near the silliest part of the film. We've also got light saber style weapons now no longer restricted to Jedi, a bulk lifting of Leni Riefenstahl's "Triumph of the Will" fascist imagery, and a bigger-than-death-star-death-planet. Rey's battle with Kylo was simply one silly thing in a movie full of silly things that still somehow held together okay. Well, for me, IMO and all that.

The Mary Sue moment came in TLJ when Yoda gleefully burns the Jedi books because Rey, the mystically-gifted Our Lady of Mary Sue somehow already knows what's in them despite never having been trained. It's also a betrayal of the previous movies. Luke paid hard for not completing his training. He lost to Vader and would have died, had not Vader turned.

I thought for a while moment that the filmmakers were after a Zen moment. There's a Zen koan, "What are you doing / what are you saying" that highlights the personal journey aspect of Zen. On his deathbed a Zen master presented his apprentice with a book that contained all the master's insight. The student thanked him and threw it in the fireplace. "What are you doing?" shouted the master. "What are you saying?" replied the student.

But that idea is never brought forth in the movie and I only knew it from a decade of martial arts practice. It's head canon only, at best.

So now the unreasonably powered Rey can take on, well, anybody. She's Kylo's equal at minimum. It's not supported by the developments of the film unlike, say, Lyta Alexander's "Touched by a Vorlon" moment in B5. So I say she's a Mary Sue. Lazy writing.

But this is by no means the worst part of TLJ. That's got to belong to Luke betraying everything he believed in for decades and pulling a light saber on Kylo. That's just plain bad writing, and disrespectful of the intellectual property that this movie purports to advance.

message 44: by Trike (new)

Trike | 8157 comments Okay, this tweet from 2012 is spooky. Mr. Garcia is clearly a Jedi with clairvoyant powers.

Star Wars Episode 7 The Rise of Skywalker. The Emperor lives.

— Gabriel Garcia (@GabbyG41) November 22, 2012

message 45: by Tassie Dave, S&L Historian (new)

Tassie Dave | 3492 comments Mod
Trike wrote: "Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker Trailer dropped.

Oh, FFS."

A perfect 5 letter review :-)

I don't agree, but that's ok.

Trike wrote: "Rick wrote: "Holy shit people... Rob's right. If you dislike the new SW films watch something else but a lot of you are just reinforcing the angry nerd stereotype."

Oh, hello, Mr. Pot, calling all us kettles black."

high five ;-)

message 46: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 969 comments Ok, this trailer is just a teaser so it’s not much to go on, but I am STOKED for this movie.

Rey being awesome and badass!!

Poe and Finn bromance (put those guys on a ship! Pun very much intended)

Cool action sequences and... Leia!! *sobs* can’t believe nobody has mentioned her yet. Watching her in this movie is going to be super emotional 😭

message 47: by Rob, Roberator (new)

Trike wrote: "Rob wrote: "So what? How does the effect you..."

I’m a fan of Science Fiction who wants to see good Science Fiction.

It’s not rocket surgery."

I really want to leave this alone..but this statement is so ARROGANT...

It appears to me that what you really want to see is Science Fiction YOU THINK is Good. Who cares if other people enjoy it/think it's good?

If you don't, then it's garbage and how dare they go see and enjoy it, because then Hollywood might make of the kind of Science Fiction you don't want to see.

I like these movies. Call me a fan of garbage. I really don't care, but stop pretending you're doing anything but trashing on stuff you don't like that other people do. You're not going to convince anyone that "oh yeah, Trike's right, I really actually hate this movie. Thanks for pointing it out to me!"

And I'm not trying to pick on Trike specifically, and I don't think he's trying to be a gatekeeper. I think he just really hates JJ Abram stuff and can't help himself about it. I'm just getting tired of it.

Let me enjoy Episode 9. I'm sorry you don't want to see it, but there are plenty of other movies and shows and books out there for you to enjoy, so I don't really feel bad for you...

This is the last I'll say on the matter because I'm really not trying to start a flame war. There are always people on here who say things I don't agree with and always will be.

I just wish people could be a little more considerate of people who like things they don't. I'm not saying don't post saying you don't like a thing or why you don't like a thing..but say your peace and move on. Let the people who do enjoy it keep discussing it..

message 48: by Trike (new)

Trike | 8157 comments Rob wrote: "It appears to me that what you really want to see is Science Fiction YOU THINK is Good. "

Well... yeah.

When have I ever pretended that my opinion is tantamount to natural law? I mean, I love the movie Hardbodies, so it’s not like my taste is rationally defensible or anything.

I enjoy bashing JJ’s movies. I *love* doing that. It gives me great pleasure to do it, which is why I do it every chance I get. I’m not sure why that would be a surprise to anyone.

What does surprise me is when people take my opinion about a book or movie made by someone else as a personal attack. Unless you’re JJ Abrams, why do you care? You could have taken your own advice and let it go, but you felt the need to defend these movies... which tells me you like arguing about it, too. Obi-Wan may have had the high ground over Annakin, but that’s not the case here. You too have embraced the dark side.

message 49: by Melani (new)

Melani | 179 comments Wait, since when is Star Wars Science Fiction and not Space Fantasy?

Don't get me wrong, I love it, unabashedly. And I like the new stuff mostly because I get to spend more time in the SW Universe, but I don't consider it Science Fiction. I'm also pretty sure that Trike has argued this very point in a couple of different threads so.....

message 50: by Tassie Dave, S&L Historian (last edited Apr 17, 2019 12:54PM) (new)

Tassie Dave | 3492 comments Mod
Trike wrote: "I enjoy bashing JJ’s movies. I *love* doing that. It gives me great pleasure to do it, which is why I do it every chance I get. I’m not sure why that would be a surprise to anyone."

and I love that you love bashing JJ and everything else you dislike.
I might not agree with everything you say, but I like your style :-)

Grumpy old men have very few pleasures left in life. Let us have our contrary rants ;-)

Melani wrote: "I don't consider it Science Fiction. I'm also pretty sure that Trike has argued this very point in a couple of different threads so..... "

Many of us have. Many times in many threads. I think the usual compromise is that it is Space Fantasy. It certainly ain't (sic) science fiction.

« previous 1 3