Play Book Tag discussion

Against the Odds (The Serrano Legacy, #7)
This topic is about Against the Odds
Archive: Other Books > Against the Odds by Elizabeth Moon - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

annapi | 4916 comments A rousing climax to the series! Mutineers try to take over Fleet while loyalists struggle to defend. Heris is among the many officers who are thrown back into the chaos on whatever ship is nearby, separate from her crew. Barin and Esmay get married, to the ire of their families, and are separated when war breaks out. Brun finds herself becoming more politically active, and the Benignity is having its own internal conflict while it tries to manipulate the Familias through its agents. Lots and lots of action in a wonderful mishmash of chaos and intrigue as Moon brings this series to a close.

message 2: by KateNZ (new)

KateNZ | 2214 comments I’d wondered about this series - seeing your reviews for them makes me think I should give them a go

annapi | 4916 comments Yes, go for it! I love Elizabeth Moon, whether it's her fantasy or sci-fi. This is excellent space opera, though my only criticism of her writing is that the romance parts don't hit you in the heart - they can sometimes come off as clinical (at least they're not explicit LOL). But the relationships between her characters make up for that.