What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Santa's Smallest Elf
This topic is about Santa's Smallest Elf
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Children’s picture book about an elf hoping to work in Santa’s workshop - entire plot in post. [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joy (new)

Joy Snider | 9 comments Santa is having the elves (the youngest ones, I guess) each bring their best toy so he can choose who ahould have the honor of working in his workshop. One elf, who I think is the youngest or smallest or otherwise overlookable, works hard in his toy. On the way to show it to Santa, he meets a sad little girl and his toy is just what she needs. He gives it to her and arrives at Santa’s empty-handed. Santa sees how good his heart is and chooses him.

I adored this book as a very little kid (mid- or late-80s, but it could be far older than that) and desperately want to find a copy! I thought it was “The Littlest Elf,” but I have now seen two books with that title that aren’t it so I don’t know anymore.

message 3: by Joy (new)

Joy Snider | 9 comments This is clearly a very popular niche! Santa’s Smallest Elf looks kind of familiar; I will try to find a copy of it and see if that is it!

message 4: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
Joy ~~

Let us know if you found your book Santa's Smallest Elf and we'll take your thread to the Solved folder!

You can "bump" your thread every month or so. This pushes your thread back to the top of the folder instead of languishing here on page 209 from seven months ago where fewer eyes will see it. Get back in the game! Bump!
You can do this by typing a new comment at the end of the thread, or even by typing the word "bump."
Good luck!

message 5: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 15703 comments Joy, were you able to confirm if Santa's Smallest Elf was your book?

message 6: by Joy (new)

Joy Snider | 9 comments Yes, that was it!

message 7: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 15703 comments Awesome news, glad that was the right one!