What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Classic Lit - Waiter spills drinks and runs away

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Luke (new)

Luke | 1 comments Apologies in advance, memory is super hazy on this one, but just spent the last 30 minutes trying to Google search to no avail. I’m remembering this as a book that was required reading in high school (read around 2009) - maybe Steinbeck, Hemingway, Twain, or Faulkner.

As mentioned in the title, I recall a waiter spilling drinks and panicking. After that, the narrator or a character ponders why god would make some people like that who can never seem to do anything quite right - if they tried to clean something, they could never get it spotless, etc.

Some of these details may be inaccurate, but hopefully someone out there knows what I’m talking about off the top of their head.

Thanks!

message 2: by Pixiegirl105 (new)

Pixiegirl105 | 152 comments Did you have to read any Oscar Wilde? This sounds like something he would say.

message 3: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
Luke ~~
You can "bump" your thread every month or so. This pushes your thread back to the top of the folder instead of languishing here on page 210 from seven months ago where fewer eyes will see it. Get back in the game! Bump!
You can do this by typing a new comment at the end of the thread, or even by typing the word "bump."
Good luck!

message 4: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2357 comments Luke, are you still looking for this?