Turning Pages by Penguin Books NZ discussion

Giveaways > Our First Giveaway!

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Penguin Books NZ (penguinbooksnz) | 8 comments Mod
To celebrate reaching 100+ members in Turning Pages we’re going to do a giveaway!

The prize up for grabs is tickets for you and a friend to attend the Val Emmich (co-author of the Dear Evan Hansen novel) event at the Auckland Writers Festival. This event will feature the National Youth Theatre singing songs from the musical—it’s not quite Broadway but still pretty special!

We’ll also throw in two copies of Dear Evan Hansen for you and your pal.

The event is Friday 17 May from 7:00 – 8:45 at the Aotea Centre in Auckland. Transport will not be provided so do make sure you’re able to make your own way there.

To enter simply tell us in the comments below what your favourite musical is! A winner will be drawn randomly on Monday April 15th at 1pm. You won’t lose points for not choosing Dear Evan Hansen, haha!

Best of luck everyone, can’t wait to hear about your favourite musicals 

- The PRH Team

message 2: by Brooklynne (new)

Brooklynne (grrrlshapedthing) | 11 comments Hamilton!

Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂ South Pacific!

message 4: by Maddie (new)

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 35 comments Greatest Showman!

message 5: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (Bookworm Boutique) (bookwormboutique) | 2 comments I know I can’t enter but my favourite has to be Wicked! I waited 6 years to see it live and cried when I finally saw it. That being said, I’m a bit of a musical nerd, and I also love Hamilton, Hairspray, and Chicago :)

message 6: by Courtney (new)

Courtney  (courtneyandherbooks) (courtneyandherbooks) | 29 comments My favourite is RENT! It was Cats when I was younger and that still holds a special place <3

message 7: by Naomi (new)

Naomi At PenguinNZ | 37 comments Mod
I can't enter either but LOVE a musical chat--

Current fave is Hamilton (my 2016 Spotify most played playlist consisted largely of Hamilton haha) but also love Matilda and Les Mis.

Chicago is one of my most favourite soundtracks and if I could play any musical role it would be Roxy Hart but when I saw the actual musical I didn't actually like it that much. . . I thought the movie was better!

message 8: by Anjali (new)

Anjali (This Splendid Shambles) (anjalikay) | 14 comments I completely missed the deadline and I don't think I can go anyway (90% sure that's when I have a concert), but I love some of the older ones like Cats, and Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat...among many others! :D

Recent fave has to be Greatest Showman on screen, and Aladdin on stage when it was here in Auckland, and while I love the music for Wicked, Dear Even Hanson and Hamilton...I haven't seen any of them :D

message 9: by Naomi (new)

Naomi At PenguinNZ | 37 comments Mod
Courtney wrote: "My favourite is RENT! It was Cats when I was younger and that still holds a special place <3"

Courtney you're our winner!

Please email communications@penguinrandomhouse.co.nz to claim your prize.

Thanks!

message 10: by Chloé (new)

Chloé E (bookishmystic) | 17 comments Congratulations! 😍

message 11: by Courtney (new)

Courtney  (courtneyandherbooks) (courtneyandherbooks) | 29 comments oh my gosh I just saw this now! emailing!