What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > MG book about a military camp

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nico (new)

Nico | 2 comments Middle grade book about a military camp. Only characters I remember is the main one and the servant girl that he usually talked to. It could be during world war 2 but I'm not sure.

message 2: by Kris (last edited Apr 15, 2019 01:43PM) (new)

Kris | 35178 comments Mod
Nico, around what year did you read this book? This will help narrow down the search.

Can you tell us more about the main characters - age, gender, boy's main activities, is he a prisoner or student/trainee, skills/interests, family/friends, etc.? What does he talk to the servant girl about?

Who is the enemy (re: military camp)?

Location - country, region, big city/small town?

Tips for posting a book request - https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 3: by Nico (new)

Nico | 2 comments I really don't remember much about it, other than it being a good book. I must have read it years ago, around 2014, maybe. I found it in my elementary school library. The main character was one of the young cadets on the camp. If I recall correctly, the cadets would have their meal at a table and the girl would serve them lemonade and they would make crude jokes about her. Then she'd get mad and the main character would comfort her and tell her to ignore them. That's all I remember. Other than that, I'm sorry, I can't remember much more. I really hate being unable to easily find a book from my childhood, it's truly a pet peeve of mine.

message 4: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4070 comments Mod
Nico ~~
You can "bump" your thread every month or so. This pushes your thread back to the top of the folder instead of languishing here on page 213 from seven months ago where fewer eyes will see it. Get back in the game! Bump!
You can do this by typing a new comment at the end of the thread, or even by typing the word "bump."
Good luck!