What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Great Brain (Great Brain, #1)
This topic is about The Great Brain
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Juvenile Fiction/Something about the 1800s and a kid sleeping with his brothers so they would all be sick at the same time. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Delaney (new)

Delaney (delaneycbourg) | 2 comments When I was in 4-5th grade, so about 5-6 years ago, I was in the battle of the books program and we read this book but I cannot remember the title of it and it is KILLING ME. All I remember is that there is a character named Peg-leg or something like that and he lost his leg because when he was younger he went into a barn that his parents told him not to go into, but he went into it anyways. He stepped on a nail, got tetanus, and had to have his leg removed because the disease spread. I also remember that all of the kids were amazed that there was a wash closet. One last thing that I remember is that the main character had 2 bothers and when one of the brothers got sick, his mother had the other 2 sleep with them so they would all be sick at the same time. But the main character hated being sick the last so he snuck into his friends room so he would get measles first and be sick first.

message 2: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (misterfive) | 203 comments This is The Great Brain by John D. Fitzgerald.

message 3: by Delaney (new)

Delaney (delaneycbourg) | 2 comments OH MY GOD THATS IT! Thank you so much!!

message 4: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (misterfive) | 203 comments Enjoy the reread! It was one of my favorites reads as a kid. There are more in the series, too.