What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Vintage Philosophy Paperback

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Margaret (new)

Margaret (mjbcoffee) | 18 comments In the mid-1960s, I had a very old paperback book that I had found with ( I think!) a red and yellow cover. It was a generic history of philosophy book that had chapters (?) on different philosophers like Plato etc. . For some reason it was one of my favorite books at the time. It may have had a printed price on the bottom of the cover which was either 15 cents or 25 cents ot there about. I have been looking for this book for years!

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38242 comments Mod
This popped up, it's yellow and red. A series from Doubleday Image.

The vol. containing Plato - A History of Philosophy 1.1 by Frederick Charles Copleston

message 3: by Margaret (new)

Margaret (mjbcoffee) | 18 comments Thank you, but it's not the book I was looking for. I think the bottom half of the book was bright red and the top bright yellow, and it was already an old-ish book in the mid '60s.

message 4: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4070 comments Mod
Margaret ~~
You can "bump" your thread every month or so. This pushes your thread back to the top of the folder instead of languishing here on page 209 from seven months ago where fewer eyes will see it. Get back in the game! Bump!
You can do this by typing a new comment at the end of the thread, or even by typing the word "bump."
Good luck!

message 5: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2359 comments Do you recall how thick (long) the book was, or what age level it was written towards? Were the chapters actual writings by the various philosophers, or was it someone summarizing, commenting on, or discussing them?