What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Assimilation (Concordia #1)
This topic is about Assimilation
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. A YA Sci-Fi Book About a Girl Who is Taken to a Parallel Universe and Can't Return Home. [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel Adiyah (last edited Apr 12, 2019 10:19AM) (new)

Rachel Adiyah | 21 comments This is a YA Science-Fiction novel. A girl is at a party where she suffers severe, life-threatening injuries. A boy at the party is actually from a parallel quantum universe and takes her back with him to save her life. She wakes up in a hospital; everyone on this other Earth speaks English, but their technology is far in advance of ours. She is forbidden to return home because our world - which they call "Otero" - is a closed version of Earth due to its primitive nature and lack of awareness of parallel universes.

Everyone gets foods from machines that they breathe into to determine what their dietary needs are and they are restricted to those choices which do them good. 16 is the age of majority and at one point the girl goes to a bar that serves alcohol.

I read it as a Kindle book between the years 2010 - 2015.

message 2: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 15730 comments It sounds a little like When We Wake, but I don't think the future earth was called Otero.

When did you read it?

message 3: by Rachel Adiyah (new)

Rachel Adiyah | 21 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "It sounds a little like When We Wake, but I don't think the future earth was called Otero.

When did you read it?"

I read it sometime between 2010 - 2015. It was a Kindle book. It wasn't When We Wake, because I just read that book a few months ago.

message 4: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 15730 comments Do you think it was also released as a traditional book, or could it have been e-book only?

message 5: by Rachel Adiyah (new)

Rachel Adiyah | 21 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "Do you think it was also released as a traditional book, or could it have been e-book only?"

Honestly, I have no idea.

message 6: by Andy (new)

Andy Love | 2037 comments Commenting so I can find out what this is.

message 7: by Rachel Adiyah (new)

Rachel Adiyah | 21 comments Well, here's another instance where I solved my own mystery. It is Assimilation (Concordia Series Book 1) by Lydia Chelsea Assimilation by Lydia Chelsea. I stumbled into it by total accident five minutes ago!

message 8: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 15730 comments Glad you found it!