Neja's Book Club discussion

Reading > Food and drinks while reading

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Summer (new)

Summer (summer654) | 81 comments Mod
Personally, I love to drink a cup of tea while reading, or go all the way and eat chocolate/cookie/cake.. while reading :). What's your thing?

message 2: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Lemons | 2 comments Tea and a small snack. That's all I need.

message 3: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (debbiegray) | 6 comments Coffee and more Coffee!

message 4: by Deb (new)

Deb | 7 comments Always a cuppa, and I have a bottle of water by me all day anyway.

message 5: by Art (new)

Art | 4 comments Water, and sometimes toast and jelly if I’m hooked into a book real late at night.

message 6: by Kara (new)

Kara | 3 comments Red wine and dark chocolate!❤️

message 7: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia  | 4 comments Coffee and chocolate. <3

message 8: by Deb (new)

Deb | 7 comments If I ate chocolate every time I was reading...well, I can’t say I would grow weary of chocolate but...
I read during solo meals, while cooking, in bed etc.

message 9: by Dr. Detroit (last edited Apr 15, 2019 08:17AM) (new)

Dr. Detroit Caffeine. Without it, I'm nothing.

Beer and a couple of Fireball shots never hurt anyone either.

message 10: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (debbiegray) | 6 comments And beer or wine, as much as I enjoy either one, just put me to sleep.

message 11: by Stefuh (new)

Stefuh | 3 comments Coffee, tea, or wine! But most of the time, it's coffee.

message 12: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Purhard (bodiebroadus) | 1 comments Coffee, tea, wine + high percentage chocolate, at least 80%. However, I only do that to get myself going, it's become a sort of a habit. I usually take notes no matter what I'm reading at the moment, so that's why I mostly prefer just reading.

message 13: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (debbiegray) | 6 comments I am waiting for what I call porch season...I love to sit on the swing with a cold drink, normally seltzer water, and a good book. In June I can read a book until after nine if I follow the light and keep my back to the west. Then when it gets to dark I have to resort to my tablet. My neighbor ask me one day what I was doing with that light after ten one night on the porch....she's not a reader...obviously.

message 14: by Deb (new)

Deb (otherdeb) | 3 comments Depending on the weather - a nice mug of coffee or tea, or a nice cold can of Fresca.

message 15: by Deb (new)

Deb (otherdeb) | 3 comments Oh, and a lovely bowl of grapes.

message 16: by Matti (new)

Matti (mattiwesterlund) | 7 comments I usually read on the bus, so it would be nothing.
Sometimes I read on the lunch break, so it would be lunch.
But if I sometimes have some real reading time, it's tea and maybe chocolate.

Mummy's Naughty Corner (mummysnaughtycorner) It depends on the season. Winter usual tea or hot chocolate with cookies or chocolate. Summer it can be tea, soda or cider.

message 18: by JJ (new)

JJ Coetzer (yennorks) | 4 comments In the evenings a glass of red wine and some snacks

message 19: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (debbiegray) | 6 comments I enjoy the wine thing but at my age it makes me too warm and then I fall asleep....:-)