Neja's Book Club discussion

Reading > Why do you love to read?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Summer (new)

Summer (summer654) | 81 comments Mod
I would love to know why reading makes you feel good, or happy, or how does it bring you joy.

message 2: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia  | 4 comments It's an escape from reality. It's a chance to 'live' a different life and set your imagination free. I love that feeling of getting lost in the make-believe world you are reading about.

message 3: by Patricia (new)

Patricia | 2 comments I have to agree. Reading is an escape from reality. It's relaxing and engages my imagination. Sometimes it inspires, other times it can kick start the endorphins that are better than any drug or alcohol can provide. Let's not forget through books we also meet like minded people to who we can make life long friends.

Mummy's Naughty Corner (mummysnaughtycorner) I use it as an escape. Life can be tough but we all need down time. I love disappearing to a new word and wondering what is waiting for me. I can read long series or stand alone. I'm finding that as I'm getting older my tastes are changing but I'm enjoying the journey. What other hobby can turn you into a witch one day and a detective the next. You can be a pirate on Saturday and a dragon tamer on Sunday.