What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Murder Mystery / Romantic Suspense - Woman returns to small town

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sharon (new)

Sharon | 2 comments Book Genre: Contemporary Romance or Mystery
Potential Spoilers ahead.

I'm looking for a book I read years ago. I honestly can't remember much of it, so forgive me for that.

The book was about a girl who returned to her small town for an inheritance. I think she was a writer or journalist. The town is unwelcoming and doesn't want her there. She runs into an old boyfriend that gets in her space. She's living in the family house by herself, but I think folks hate her family? She begins digging through newspaper archives in a basement looking for answers about her family history. Specifically information on a missing girl. Eventually, I think she figures out that her uncle drowned the girl?

Any help on what this book could possibly be would be appreciated.

I think the book was written sometime in between 2009-2015.

message 2: by Katelyn (new)

Katelyn | 6 comments I feel like I’ve read this. do you happen to remember if the cover was black? I think with a flower on it, and I think it was a book with three different stories in it.

Amber (Daisymau) (daisymau) | 1048 comments I can't remember, but I think that either Carlene Thompson or Colleen Thompson have a book with a similar plot.

message 4: by Katelyn (new)

Katelyn | 6 comments there’s one I found called Simply Irresistible by Jill Shalvis while trying to find the one I’m thinking of, and it pretty much matches what you’re looking for exactly

message 5: by El (new)

El | 502 comments Simply Irresistible for Katelyn's click