Bookstagram discussion

Stuck in a bookstagram rut... Help!

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ⋯Kaylee (new)

⋯Kaylee Pratt⋯ (kayleebonraylee) Hey all! I started on bookstagram at the beginning of the year and love the sense of positive community surrounding books! Everyone is so kind and supportive.

I know it's "not about followers"... but it is about followers. I love comments on posts so that discussions can happen, plus I have a goal to build a following so that I can (hopefully, maybe) be a rep one day for cool book boxes and whatnot :) Maybe a pipe dream, but I'd love advice!

I reached about 350 followers, then I hit a rut. Hard. Ow. No matter what I do, I can't pass 350. Any advice?

P.S. I consider my photos high quality, I've recently been sticking to a theme, and I use 20-30 hashtags per post.

P.P.S... shameless plug, you can find me @kayraereader :)

message 2: by JULIA (new)

JULIA CHRESTANI | 4 comments Participate in shoutout sessions really helped my account :)

message 3: by Milena (new)

Milena (love_tea78) Post regularly. Interact with other bookstagrammers by liking and commenting on their posts. Participate in tags. These things helped me to get over my 300 followers rut. I still don't have many subscribers (573) but I finally started seeing some growth.

Also, I followed you @loveofmuse :-)

Books w Yasmine (yaz_blooms) | 3 comments i just followed you both and looking forward to interact 😊

message 5: by ⋯Kaylee (new)

⋯Kaylee Pratt⋯ (kayleebonraylee) JULIA wrote: "Participate in shoutout sessions really helped my account :)"

I've seen these! How exactly do they work? I've given shoutouts to others but don't know how to get shoutouts for myself!

message 6: by ⋯Kaylee (new)

⋯Kaylee Pratt⋯ (kayleebonraylee) Milena wrote: "Post regularly. Interact with other bookstagrammers by liking and commenting on their posts. Participate in tags. These things helped me to get over my 300 followers rut. I still don't have many su..."

I do post almost every day so I've got that down! I think interaction is my fatal flaw... I feel like I hardly have any time! But interaction will definitely be my focus going forward :)

I also found out that I LOVE monthly challenges, and I've found so many cool people through their tags!

message 7: by Milena (new)

Milena (love_tea78) ⋯Kaylee wrote: "Milena wrote: "Post regularly. Interact with other bookstagrammers by liking and commenting on their posts. Participate in tags. These things helped me to get over my 300 followers rut. I still don..."

Yes, interaction takes a lot of time! I feel like I spend way too much of it on Instagram instead of reading!