Mr. Bales' Arts and Humanities Class discussion

Brief Essay

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zach (new)

Zach (zachbales) | 11 comments Please respond to the following prompt:

The seven characteristics of an epic hero can be found here: http://www.storyboardthat.com/article.... Do you consider Beowulf to be an epic hero? How does he exemplify each of the characteristics of the epic hero? Be specific! Lastly, look at Beowulf in terms of the heroic quest. Does he undergo change?

message 2: by Stephan (new)

Stephan Hare | 5 comments Yes, because he is the hero of the story and is welled liked by everyone. He is held to higher standards to do the right thing even if he is alone, whilst the others leave him when they discover the situation they are in. He is sought to be the true hero and the only one who can save them as of their knowledge. There is great respect for him throughout the whole story because he is able to accomplish any task set upon him and finish it without complaint, even if it is life threatening.

message 3: by Cody (new)

Cody | 5 comments Yes i think he is a hero, he is liked by everyone and he does epic quests that people want him to do and no matter what the cost. He takes what he needs and gives what he dont need to the community.

message 4: by Zach (new)

Zach Phelps | 4 comments Yes, i consider beowulf an epic hero. He is brave, wise and noble

message 5: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Stringer | 4 comments Yes, I consider him a hero. He is wise and liked by everyone.

message 6: by Maci (new)

Maci Waters | 4 comments Yes, I consider Beowulf to be a epic hero. A lot of people have a lot of respect for Beowulf throughout the story. Beowulf can accomplish anything even if it is life threatening that comes his way. Beowulf always does the right thing even if he is alone.

message 7: by Savannah (new)

Savannah Szabo (poofdoodles) | 4 comments Beowulf is an epic hero because he has all the qualities of what an epic hero should be. He has done epic deeds, he is wise, could accomplish anything , and is loyal.