Stephen King Fans discussion

Sometimes Dead Threads Come Back > Nominations for May's non-King book

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angie, Constant Reader (new)

Angie | 2568 comments Mod
It's time to nominate for May book club pick. A book you would think the group would enjoy.
One nomination per person.
Link to the title using the add book/author option.

Check here to make sure that we haven't already read the book :
https://www.goodreads.com/group/books...

No nomination of your own book. Have fun!!

***** It's a non-King book. The King books are in chronological order now so it's already picked out for the month of March.

reply | edit | delete | flag *

thebookwormbookshelf | 2 comments An unwanted guest by Shari Lapena

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

message 6: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kcanty313) | 747 comments em wrote: "Sybil The Classic True Story of a Woman Possessed by Sixteen Personalities by Flora Rheta Schreiber"

I read this when I was a freshman in college, and it was creepy to me. The movie with Sally Field freaked me out.

message 7: by em (new)

em (littlemissbluee) | 9 comments Kathryn wrote: "em wrote: "Sybil The Classic True Story of a Woman Possessed by Sixteen Personalities by Flora Rheta Schreiber"

I read this when I was a freshman in college, and it was creepy to me. The movie with Sall..."

I haven't read the book or seen the movie adaptations yet, so it's awesome to hear that it's just as creepy as I was hoping!!!

message 8: by em (new)

em (littlemissbluee) | 9 comments The Just-About-Cocky Ms M wrote: "The remake with Jessica Lange and Tammy Blanchard was even more creepy and graphic."

JESSICA LANGE---one of the many reasons I love American Horror Story...
Love her and gotta see this ASAP!!

message 9: by Wally (new)

Wally Flangers Blood Memory by Greg Iles

Blood Memory by Greg Iles

message 10: by Jen_Ken (new)

Jen_Ken a.k.a....Jenny from the block | 725 comments Since May has Memorial Day as a holiday; I feel that we should read a book about Audie Leon Murphy who was one of the most decorated American combat soldiers of World War II. He received every military combat award for valor available from the U.S. Army, as well as French and Belgian awards for heroism. Wikipedia
See below link
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

message 11: by Eric Petrowski (last edited Apr 11, 2019 06:50AM) (new)

message 12: by Eric Petrowski (new)

Eric Petrowski (erockin78) | 5 comments I do not see a add author/book cover option so I pasted a link to my nomination instead... if anyone wants to instruct me on how to do this that would be nice.

message 13: by Marlise (last edited Apr 10, 2019 01:57PM) (new)

Marlise (mawz76) | 119 comments Psycho by Richard Bloch

Psycho by Robert Bloch

It may be time we all get acquainted or reacquainted with Norman?

message 14: by Steven (new)

Steven Miele | 6 comments The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

message 15: by Wyatt (new)

Wyatt | 90 comments The Nest? (Kinda kiddish I know but still good)

message 16: by Marlise (new)

Marlise (mawz76) | 119 comments Eric Petrowski wrote: "I do not see a add author/book cover option so I pasted a link to my nomination instead... if anyone wants to instruct me on how to do this that would be nice."

Hi Eric, I find I can only do it when I'm on the desktop version of the site on my phone. It then gives the option at the top right of the comment box.

message 17: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latasha513) | 383 comments When Darkness Loves Us When Darkness Loves Us by Elizabeth Engstrom Valancourt is releasing it in May!

message 18: by Kandice (new)

Kandice | 4053 comments Marlise wrote: "Psycho by Richard Bloch

Psycho by Robert Bloch

It may be time we all get acquainted or reacquainted with Norman?"

Yes!!!!

message 19: by Eric Petrowski (new)

Eric Petrowski (erockin78) | 5 comments Marlise wrote: "Eric Petrowski wrote: "I do not see a add author/book cover option so I pasted a link to my nomination instead... if anyone wants to instruct me on how to do this that would be nice."

Hi Eric, I f..."

Thank u Marlise!

message 20: by Atl (new)

Atl (dark_leo) | 107 comments The ritual by Adam Neville

message 21: by Atl (new)

Atl (dark_leo) | 107 comments I don’t know how to tag a book on my iPhone so the terror by Dan Simmons.

message 22: by Angie, Constant Reader (new)

I've had two people write to me to tell me they can't post on this thread. I have no idea why that is, since there's no way I can block people on my end from one thread. So if you are having problems feel free to email me the book you want to nominate and I'll write it here for you. Please also contact goodreads and tell them you are having issues posting.

Steffen has nominated:C. J. TUDOR, The Taking of Annie Thorne

message 23: by Angie, Constant Reader (new)

Marlise wrote: "Eric Petrowski wrote: "I do not see a add author/book cover option so I pasted a link to my nomination instead... if anyone wants to instruct me on how to do this that would be nice."

Hi Eric, I f..."

I did not realize that the app won't let you link up. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I mainly use my laptop and not the app when using goodreads so I didn't know.

message 24: by Eric Petrowski (new)

Eric Petrowski (erockin78) | 5 comments Angie wrote: "Marlise wrote: "Eric Petrowski wrote: "I do not see a add author/book cover option so I pasted a link to my nomination instead... if anyone wants to instruct me on how to do this that would be nice..."

Your welcome! The app won’t allow you to reply to a message either, just a “new comment”. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Once Marlise instructed me to use the desktop version I was able to edit by nomination and added the book cover.

message 26: by Angie, Constant Reader (new)

Nominations are closed and poll is up.

message 27: by Angie, Constant Reader (new)

Kenneth wrote: "Since May has Memorial Day as a holiday; I feel that we should read a book about Audie Leon Murphy who was one of the most decorated American combat soldiers of World War II. He received every mili..."

I always enjoy your nominations. I'll read this whether it wins or not.

message 28: by Scott (last edited Apr 17, 2019 08:51AM) (new)

Scott Feighner | 9 comments Ironweed by William Kennedy.
This book won the Pulitizer Prize for fiction in 1984.
It is the 3rd book in Kennedy's Albany Cycle. As with the other books in the cycle, it is a standalone book, and not having read any of the previous books will not hinder the enjoyment of this novel.

Ironweed is set during the Great Depression and tells the story of Francis Phelan, an alcoholic vagrant originally from Albany, New York, who left his family after accidentally killing his infant son while he may have been drunk.
For the most part, the story takes place during one of Francis's frequent blackouts. The narrative is complicated by Phelan's hallucinations of the three people, other than his son, whom he killed in the past.

message 29: by Cujo (new)

Cujo (deadtimestories) | 16 comments Scott wrote: "Ironweed by William Kennedy.
This book won the Pulitizer Prize for fiction in 1984.
It is the 3rd book in Kennedy's Albany Cycle. As with the other books in the cycle, it is a standalone book, and ..."

This sounds really good. I'm gonna give this one a looksie wither it wins or not.