The Procrastinators Book Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > 2019 TBR

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Althea ☾, Group Procrastinator (On Hiatus) (last edited Apr 10, 2019 09:15AM) (new)

Althea ☾ (themoonwholistens) | 2251 comments Mod
Kind of late but which books/series is on your priority TBR (to be read) list for this lovely year?

message 2: by laurel [the suspected bibliophile], Games/Challenges Procrastinator (new)

laurel [the suspected bibliophile] (laurelthereader) | 2101 comments Mod
*hard sobbing*

so many

message 3: by Althea ☾, Group Procrastinator (On Hiatus) (new)

my priority TBR for this year:

The Way of Kings (The Stormlight Archive, #1) by Brandon Sanderson The Proposal by Jasmine Guillory Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #1) by Ransom Riggs Lady Midnight (The Dark Artifices, #1) by Cassandra Clare The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air, #2) by Holly Black The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue (Montague Siblings, #1) by Mackenzi Lee Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco

message 4: by Althea ☾, Group Procrastinator (On Hiatus) (new)

laurel [suspected bibliophile] wrote: "*hard sobbing*

so many"

mood

message 5: by Nikita (new)

Nikita Still to be read for 2019:
Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) by Cassandra Clare Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3) by Cassandra Clare Chain of Gold (The Last Hours, #1) by Cassandra Clare Supernova (Renegades, #3) by Marissa Meyer Batman Nightwalker (DC Icons, #2) by Marie Lu Wonder Woman Warbringer (DC Icons, #1) by Leigh Bardugo Superman Dawnbreaker (DC Icons, #4) by Matt de la Pena Finale (Caraval, #3) by Stephanie Garber Soul of the Sword (Shadow of the Fox, #2) by Julie Kagawa Ghosts of the Shadow Market by Cassandra Clare and Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater and if I like this book I'll continue with the series and maybe look into others of the author

message 6: by Althea ☾, Group Procrastinator (On Hiatus) (new)

Nikita wrote: "Still to be read for 2019:
Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) by Cassandra ClareClockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3) by Cassandra ClareChain of Gold (The Last Hours, #1) by Cassandra ClareSupernova (Renegades, #3) by Marissa Meyer[bookcover:Batman: Nightwalker..."

I see The Infernal Devices there ;) how is it for you so far?

message 7: by Nikita (new)

Nikita ~ Althea ~ ☾ wrote: "Nikita wrote: "Still to be read for 2019:
Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) by Cassandra ClareClockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3) by Cassandra ClareChain of Gold (The Last Hours, #1) by Cassandra ClareSupernova (Renegades, #3) by Marissa Meyer[bookcover:Batm..."

It's my second time reading it, so wonderful. I love it so much

message 8: by Althea ☾, Group Procrastinator (On Hiatus) (new)

Nikita wrote: "~ Althea ~ ☾ wrote: "Nikita wrote: "Still to be read for 2019:
Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) by Cassandra ClareClockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3) by Cassandra ClareChain of Gold (The Last Hours, #1) by Cassandra Clare[bookcover:Supernova|427..."

AHHH <3 i relate

message 9: by Nikita (new)

Nikita ~ Althea ~ ☾ wrote: "Nikita wrote: "~ Althea ~ ☾ wrote: "Nikita wrote: "Still to be read for 2019:
Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) by Cassandra ClareClockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3) by Cassandra ClareChain of Gold (The Last Hours, #1) by Cassandra Clare[bookcove..."

well hello fellow Shadowhunter lover

⭐Anni⭐ (Book Princess) (annithebookprincess) Don't have any specific books I definitely want to read, but I want to try and read as many books as possible that have been on my tbr for a while and I haven't gotten to yet!

message 11: by LaNona (new)

LaNona | 89 comments Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1) by Holly Black A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. Maas Siege and Storm (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #2) by Leigh Bardugo Unhinged (Splintered, #2) by A.G. Howard Enchanted Forest (Realms #3) by Emory R. Frie City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #1) by Ransom Riggs
Too many lol!

message 12: by Kristina (new)

Kristina (kristina3880) | 252 comments Truthwitch (The Witchlands, #1) by Susan Dennard Red Sister (Book of the Ancestor, #1) by Mark Lawrence Nevernight (The Nevernight Chronicle, #1) by Jay Kristoff The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastard, #1) by Scott Lynch

I read the first three Shadowhunter books awhile ago and with so many books in that particular world from Clare. I would really like to re-read them.

message 13: by Althea ☾, Group Procrastinator (On Hiatus) (new)

LaNona wrote: "Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1) by Holly Black A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. Maas Siege and Storm (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #2) by Leigh Bardugo Unhinged (Splintered, #2) by A.G. Howard [bookcove..."

i've read about half of these and i'm so excited for you to read them :>

message 14: by Althea ☾, Group Procrastinator (On Hiatus) (new)

Kristina wrote: "Truthwitch (The Witchlands, #1) by Susan DennardRed Sister (Book of the Ancestor, #1) by Mark LawrenceNevernight (The Nevernight Chronicle, #1) by Jay KristoffThe Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastard, #1) by Scott Lynch

I read the first three Shadowhunter books awhile ago and ..."

the whole shadowhunter series by cc is really a world to be sucked in <3 excited for you

message 15: by LaNona (new)

LaNona | 89 comments ~ Althea ~ ☾ wrote: "LaNona wrote: "Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air #1) by Holly Black A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. Maas Siege and Storm (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #2) by Leigh Bardugo [bookcover:Unhinged|1744..."

They're really good then?? Because I've been procrastinating forever!

message 16: by Althea ☾, Group Procrastinator (On Hiatus) (new)

LaNona wrote: "~ Althea ~ ☾ wrote: "LaNona wrote: "Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air #1) by Holly Black A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. Maas Siege and Storm (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #2) by Leigh Bardugo [bo..."

You should decide that for yourself hehe XD there are a lot of mixed opinions about them but I am personally a fan of the series.

message 17: by LaNona (new)

LaNona | 89 comments ~ Althea ~ ☾ wrote: "LaNona wrote: "~ Althea ~ ☾ wrote: "LaNona wrote: "Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air #1) by Holly Black A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. Maas [bookcover:Siege and Stor..."

Alright, I'll let you know how much I enjoyed them once I finish them then!

message 18: by Steph (new)

Steph L (thetheatergeek) | 150 comments The Grisha Trilogy
Loki: Where Mischief Lies
Mary Poppins: The Complete Collection I don't think this it the right one. I'm lazy RN. Mine is Blue and is from B&N.
Renegades
Wayward Son
And many more

message 19: by LaNona (new)

LaNona | 89 comments Update: I read A Court of Thorns and Roses- & y'all were right! I loved it!!

message 20: by Althea ☾, Group Procrastinator (On Hiatus) (new)

LaNona wrote: "Update: I read A Court of Thorns and Roses- & y'all were right! I loved it!!"

hahaha yayy!! welcome to the fan club XD

message 21: by Nikita (new)

Nikita Discovered two new books being released this year that I am dying to read!

A Tale of Magic... by Chris Colfer Cinder & the Prince of Midnight by Susan Ee

message 22: by LaNona (new)

LaNona | 89 comments ~ Althea ~ ☾ wrote: "LaNona wrote: "Update: I read A Court of Thorns and Roses- & y'all were right! I loved it!!"

hahaha yayy!! welcome to the fan club XD"

Haha (view spoiler)

message 23: by Violet (new)

Violet Stone (violetstone003) | 91 comments Oh wow, there's honestly so many! But here are a few:
The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air, #2) by Holly Black
Golden Son (Red Rising, #2) by Pierce Brown
Soul of the Sword (Shadow of the Fox, #2) by Julie Kagawa
An Enchantment of Ravens by Margaret Rogerson

message 24: by Althea ☾, Group Procrastinator (On Hiatus) (new)

LaNona wrote: "~ Althea ~ ☾ wrote: "LaNona wrote: "Update: I read A Court of Thorns and Roses- & y'all were right! I loved it!!"

Haha [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 25: by Althea ☾, Group Procrastinator (On Hiatus) (new)

Cate wrote: "My priority TBR right now:
Shadow and Bone
Lady Midnight
Ringer
Tower of Dawn
In addition to the ones I'm currently reading."

I'm so excited to know your thoughts about TDA since I've been meaning to read it for a longggg time now. Can't wait to hear your opinion on The Grisha Trilogy as well <3

message 26: by LaNona (new)

LaNona | 89 comments ~ Althea ~ ☾ wrote: "LaNona wrote: "~ Althea ~ ☾ wrote: "LaNona wrote: "Update: I read A Court of Thorns and Roses- & y'all were right! I loved it!!"

Haha [spoilers removed]"..."

HOLY CRAP, I JUST READ THE SECOND BOOK!!!!

message 27: by Reagan (new)

Reagan (reaganshonestreviews) Five Feet Apart

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.