The Procrastinators Book Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > Buddy Read Nominations (July)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 73 (73 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Althea | themoonwholistens ☾, Group Procrastinator (last edited Jul 02, 2019 07:51PM) (new)

Althea | themoonwholistens ☾ (themoonwholistens) | 2251 comments Mod
descriptiondescription
Summer is long but leaves us fast. Whether you are lounging at the beach or staying at home curled up in your sofa, a book is one that won't leave your side during this hot times.

Anyone can nominate as many books as you'd like and look for a buddy! Any book that gets two nominations or more, will have a buddy thread created for discussion during July. Please decide your start date and reading goals in this thread. Once that has been decided, the mods will create a Buddy Read Discussion thread for that title.

Reading the Buddy Read Guidelines is strongly recommended.

LOOKING FOR A BUDDY
This Is How You Lose the Time War by Amal El-Mohtar (Laurel) Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer Mirror Mirror by Cara Delevingne (Saanvi) Stalking Jack the Ripper (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #1) by Kerri Maniscalco Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo (Dolinka) 100 Days of Sunlight by Abbie Emmons Coral by Sara Ella Playing House (Uptown, #1) by Ruby Lang T-Minus by Shannon Greenland (Althea)

JULY THREADS
A Darker Shade of Magic (Shades of Magic, #1) by V.E. Schwab - Aless, Bopeep & Hafsah
Vicious (Villains, #1) by V.E. Schwab - Bree & Hannah
Jar of Hearts by Jennifer Hillier - Mina & Hannah
There's Something About Sweetie by Sandhya Menon - Katie & Mina
Wildcard (Warcross, #2) by Marie Lu - Anni & Hannah
Daisy Jones & The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid - Althea & Maria Paru
Spin the Dawn (The Blood of Stars, #1) by Elizabeth Lim - Laurel & Shorouk (July 14-20)
With the Fire on High by Elizabeth Acevedo - Laurel & Shorouk (July 6-13)
Hunted by Meagan Spooner - Fatih & Nana
Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge - Faith, Hannah & Nana
Shatter the Sky (Shatter the Sky, #1) by Rebecca Kim Wells - Nana & Laurel (July 14-20)
Archenemies (Renegades, #2) by Marissa Meyer - Laurel & Bree

message 2: by mina, Group/Buddy Reads Procrastinator (new)

mina | 2179 comments Mod
Jar of Hearts by Jennifer Hillier There's Something About Sweetie by Sandhya Menon

message 3: by Althea | themoonwholistens ☾, Group Procrastinator (new)

updated!

message 4: by Aless, Discord Procrastinator (new)

Aless (alesstheintrovert) | 1024 comments Mod
I've been meaning to read A Darker Shade of Magic.

message 5: by Althea | themoonwholistens ☾, Group Procrastinator (new)

Aless wrote: "I've been meaning to read A Darker Shade of Magic."

added!

⭐Anni⭐ (Book Princess) (annithebookprincess) I'd like ro read Wildcard by Marie Lu!

message 7: by Celaena (new)

Celaena (akacelaenarenee) | 92 comments I'd like to read A Darker Shade of Magic! :) I've been meaning to read it. might as well get to it next month

message 8: by Althea | themoonwholistens ☾, Group Procrastinator (new)

list updated! :)

message 9: by Hannah (new)

Hannah S. (wildreader143) | 174 comments I really need to read this book, it's just sitting there in my shelf waiting to be read.
Vicious (Villains, #1) by V.E. Schwab

message 10: by Aless, Discord Procrastinator (new)

Bree wrote: "I'd like to read A Darker Shade of Magic! :) I've been meaning to read it. might as well get to it next month"

Yay! I'm super excited!

message 11: by Althea | themoonwholistens ☾, Group Procrastinator (new)

also nominating The Last Magician if anyone wants to read it with me!! I need the motivation hehe

message 12: by Althea | themoonwholistens ☾, Group Procrastinator (new)

updated! @Hannah

message 13: by Celaena (new)

Celaena (akacelaenarenee) | 92 comments Ooo I’m dumb. I think I have Villains not the other V.E Schwab book. Let me check. May have to switch to vilains.

message 14: by Aless, Discord Procrastinator (new)

Bree wrote: "Ooo I’m dumb. I think I have Villains not the other V.E Schwab book. Let me check. May have to switch to vilains."

It's okay if you don't have it! I totally understand mixing books up.

message 15: by Bopeep (new)

Bopeep Hallyn (bopip) | 846 comments I bought A darker shades of magic some days ogo, so can I read it with you? :D

message 16: by Aless, Discord Procrastinator (new)

Bopeep wrote: "I bought A darker shades of magic some days ogo, so can I read it with you? :D"

Sounds great! I can't wait. :)

message 17: by Althea | themoonwholistens ☾, Group Procrastinator (new)

Bree wrote: "Ooo I’m dumb. I think I have Villains not the other V.E Schwab book. Let me check. May have to switch to vilains."

I updated the list so now you're reading Vicious with Hannah, is that right?

message 18: by Althea | themoonwholistens ☾, Group Procrastinator (last edited Jun 20, 2019 07:27AM) (new)

Aless {thegirlwhocapturesmidnight} wrote: "Bopeep wrote: "I bought A darker shades of magic some days ogo, so can I read it with you? :D"

Sounds great! I can't wait. :)"

Bopeep wrote: "I bought A darker shades of magic some days ogo, so can I read it with you? :D"

Great! I updated the post for your thread as well!

message 19: by Aless, Discord Procrastinator (new)

~ Althea ~ ☾ wrote: "Aless {thegirlwhocapturesmidnight} wrote: "Bopeep wrote: "I bought A darker shades of magic some days ogo, so can I read it with you? :D"

Sounds great! I can't wait. :)"

Bopeep wrote: "I bought A..."

Fun! Thanks!

message 20: by Celaena (new)

Celaena (akacelaenarenee) | 92 comments Yes! Thank you :)

message 21: by Hannah (new)

Hannah S. (wildreader143) | 174 comments I'd also like to read Jar of Hearts with mina :)

message 22: by mina, Group/Buddy Reads Procrastinator (new)

mina | 2179 comments Mod
Hannah wrote: "I'd also like to read Jar of Hearts with mina :)"

yay! 😁

message 23: by Althea | themoonwholistens ☾, Group Procrastinator (new)

mina wrote: "Hannah wrote: "I'd also like to read Jar of Hearts with mina :)"

yay! 😁"

Hannah wrote: "I'd also like to read Jar of Hearts with mina :)"

great! updated the post :)

message 24: by Katie (new)

Katie (love---katie) | 474 comments I'll join Mina reading There's Something About Sweetie!

message 25: by Althea | themoonwholistens ☾, Group Procrastinator (new)

Katie wrote: "I'll join Mina reading There's Something About Sweetie!"

awesome! added you guys!

message 26: by Hannah (new)

Hannah S. (wildreader143) | 174 comments I just recently read Warcross and loved it!♥️
I would really like to read Wildcard with Anni.

message 27: by Althea | themoonwholistens ☾, Group Procrastinator (new)

Hannah wrote: "I just recently read Warcross and loved it!♥️
I would really like to read Wildcard with Anni."

great! updated it :)

message 28: by Althea | themoonwholistens ☾, Group Procrastinator (last edited Jun 25, 2019 08:58PM) (new)

also I finished The Last Magician already hehe, so I'm removing that from the list

but I do plan on re-reading Daisy Jones & The Six :")

message 29: by Marilou (new)

Marilou Paru | 138 comments ~ Althea ~ ☾ wrote: "also I finished The Last Magician already hehe, so I'm removing that from the list

but I do plan on re-reading Daisy Jones & The Six :")"

I'd love to join you for Daisy Jones & The Six...

message 30: by Althea | themoonwholistens ☾, Group Procrastinator (new)

Maria Paru wrote: "~ Althea ~ ☾ wrote: "also I finished The Last Magician already hehe, so I'm removing that from the list

but I do plan on re-reading Daisy Jones & The Six :")"

I'd love to join you for Daisy Jones..."

nice!! <3

message 31: by laurel [the suspected bibliophile], Games/Challenges Procrastinator (new)

laurel [the suspected bibliophile] (laurelthereader) | 1950 comments Mod
Anyone wanna read

Archenemies (Renegades, #2) by Marissa Meyer This Is How You Lose the Time War by Amal El-Mohtar Spin the Dawn (The Blood of Stars, #1) by Elizabeth Lim With the Fire on High by Elizabeth Acevedo

message 32: by Althea | themoonwholistens ☾, Group Procrastinator (new)

added yours laurel!

message 33: by laurel [the suspected bibliophile], Games/Challenges Procrastinator (new)

~ Althea ~ ☾ wrote: "added yours laurel!"

Thanks Althea!

Hafsah (on hiatus) | 21 comments I'd love to read a darker shade of magic with someone! :D

message 35: by Aless, Discord Procrastinator (new)

Hafsah wrote: "I'd love to read a darker shade of magic with someone! :D"

You can join Bopeep and me!

Hafsah (on hiatus) | 21 comments Aless {thegirlwhocapturesmidnight} wrote: "Hafsah wrote: "I'd love to read a darker shade of magic with someone! :D"

You can join Bopeep and me!"

Yayy! tysm! X

message 37: by Shorouk (new)

Shorouk Abd Elhamid (shoroukabdelhamid) | 37 comments laurel [suspected bibliophile] wrote: "Anyone wanna read

Archenemies (Renegades, #2) by Marissa MeyerThis Is How You Lose the Time War by Amal El-MohtarSpin the Dawn (The Blood of Stars, #1) by Elizabeth LimWith the Fire on High by Elizabeth Acevedo"

I'd like to read with the fire on high & spin the dawn

message 38: by Aless, Discord Procrastinator (new)

Hafsah wrote: "Aless {thegirlwhocapturesmidnight} wrote: "Hafsah wrote: "I'd love to read a darker shade of magic with someone! :D"

You can join Bopeep and me!"
Yayy! tysm! X"

No problem!

message 39: by Aless, Discord Procrastinator (new)

All of the threads will be up by Saturday afternoon, latest Sunday. You can still request threads/books as the month goes on if you would like to.

message 40: by Althea | themoonwholistens ☾, Group Procrastinator (new)

updated the list! we have a lot of great buddy reads this month :)

happy reading everyone! and I hope you all love the books you read <3

message 41: by Faith, Main Procrastinator (On Hiatus) (new)

Faith M ✨ (faithm99) | 426 comments Mod
Nana and I are going to read Hunted and then Cruel Beauty sometime in July. I've already made the discussions for them and I'll update them when I know more about the times, etc.

Hunted: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...
Cruel Beauty: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 42: by laurel [the suspected bibliophile], Games/Challenges Procrastinator (new)

Shorouk wrote: "laurel [suspected bibliophile] wrote: "Anyone wanna read

Archenemies (Renegades, #2) by Marissa MeyerThis Is How You Lose the Time War by Amal El-MohtarSpin the Dawn (The Blood of Stars, #1) by Elizabeth Lim[bookcover:With th..."

Hi Shorouk!

When would you like to read Spin the Dawn and With the Fire on High?

I have an ARC of Spin the Dawn that I need to read before July 30th, and my library copy of With the Fire on High returns July 16th.

message 43: by Shorouk (new)

Shorouk Abd Elhamid (shoroukabdelhamid) | 37 comments laurel [suspected bibliophile] wrote: "Shorouk wrote: "laurel [suspected bibliophile] wrote: "Anyone wanna read

Archenemies (Renegades, #2) by Marissa MeyerThis Is How You Lose the Time War by Amal El-MohtarSpin the Dawn (The Blood of Stars, #1) by Elizabeth Lim[b..."

Hi laurel,
I am okay with any day after the 5th of July.

message 44: by laurel [the suspected bibliophile], Games/Challenges Procrastinator (new)

Shorouk wrote: "laurel [suspected bibliophile] wrote: "Shorouk wrote: "laurel [suspected bibliophile] wrote: "Anyone wanna read

Archenemies (Renegades, #2) by Marissa Meyer[bookcover:This Is How You Lose the Time War|365165..."

Cool! So say, 6-13 July for With the Fire on High and 14-20 July for Spin the Dawn?

message 45: by Shorouk (new)

Shorouk Abd Elhamid (shoroukabdelhamid) | 37 comments laurel [suspected bibliophile] wrote: "Shorouk wrote: "laurel [suspected bibliophile] wrote: "Shorouk wrote: "laurel [suspected bibliophile] wrote: "Anyone wanna read

Archenemies (Renegades, #2) by Marissa Meyer[bookcover:This Is How You Lose the..."

Yes,that's okay for me.

message 46: by laurel [the suspected bibliophile], Games/Challenges Procrastinator (new)

Nana and I are going to read Shatter the Sky July 14-20. I just created the discussion for it :)

message 47: by Althea | themoonwholistens ☾, Group Procrastinator (new)

laurel [suspected bibliophile] wrote: "Nana and I are going to read Shatter the Sky July 14-20. I just created the discussion for it :)"

alrighty!

message 48: by Celaena (new)

Celaena (akacelaenarenee) | 92 comments i'll buddy read archenemies! i've been meaningtostart this

message 49: by Hannah (new)

Hannah S. (wildreader143) | 174 comments That's not fair! I actually wanted to read hunted and cruel beauty but... I've got so many books to read this month... and I don't have that skill where you read like 2 chapters of this book 2 chapters of that book. How do you guys not mix up the stories?

message 50: by mina, Group/Buddy Reads Procrastinator (new)

mina | 2179 comments Mod
Hannah wrote: "That's not fair! I actually wanted to read hunted and cruel beauty but... I've got so many books to read this month... and I don't have that skill where you read like 2 chapters of this book 2 chap..."

Hey 😃 We can do our buddy read later in the month if you want.. I have two group read books and two buddy reads, plus I took some books from the library.. so it's going to be fun for me.

The books being from different genres helps, but it's still not easy. Last month I read two books that were in the group and it was a little difficult to read a few chapters from one book then switch to few chapters of the other book and so on.

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.