The Procrastinators Book Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > Buddy Read Nominations (June)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 55 (55 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Althea ☾, Group Procrastinator (On Hiatus) (last edited Jun 06, 2019 05:07PM) (new)

Althea ☾ (themoonwholistens) | 2251 comments Mod
descriptiondescription
Is it almost time for school? Is summer just starting? Different countries, different timezones... but maybe there is someone out there that wants to read a similar book.

Nominate as many books as you'd like and books that get two nominations or more, will have a Buddy Read Discussion thread created by the mods for that title together with the participants. You can also decide your start date and reading goals in this thread with your reading buddy/buddies.

LOOKING FOR A BUDDY
Just One Damned Thing After Another (The Chronicles of St Mary's, #1) by Jodi Taylor - Bryce The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho - Althea The Last Time I Lied by Riley Sager How Not to Ask a Boy to Prom by S.J. Goslee The Flatshare by Beth O'Leary - Mina Jade City (The Green Bone Saga, #1) by Fonda Lee The Tethered Mage (Swords and Fire, #1) by Melissa Caruso The Collapsing Empire (The Interdependency, #1) by John Scalzi The Traitor Baru Cormorant (The Masquerade, #1) by Seth Dickinson Archenemies (Renegades, #2) by Marissa Meyer The Dragon Republic (The Poppy War, #2) by R.F. Kuang The Affair of the Mysterious Letter by Alexis Hall - Laurel Wildcard (Warcross, #2) by Marie Lu Dry by Neal Shusterman - Anni

JUNE THREADS
All That She Can See by Carrie Hope Fletcher - Steph, Jessica, and Hannah
Thunderhead (Arc of a Scythe, #2) by Neal Shusterman - Bopeep and Althea
Gods of Jade and Shadow by Silvia Moreno-Garcia - Laurel and Katie
Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston - Katie and Jabnia
Sadie by Courtney Summers - Marti and Violet
To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo - Steph and Lindsay

Reading the Buddy Read Guidelines is strongly recommended.

message 2: by Steph (new)

Steph L (thetheatergeek) | 150 comments All That She Can See. This will be a buddy read for the summer challenge so I thought maybe other people would want to read it as well. This cover is not my edition.

message 3: by Bryce (new)

Bryce (brycereads) | 74 comments Just One Damned Thing After Another, meaning to reread this book and thought it would make a fun buddy read. fairly short book and the sequels would probably make fun future buddy reads

message 4: by Althea ☾, Group Procrastinator (On Hiatus) (new)

I'm planning to read The Alchemist and/or Thunderhead

message 5: by Althea ☾, Group Procrastinator (On Hiatus) (new)

MASTERPOST UPDATED

message 6: by mina, Group/Buddy Reads Procrastinator (new)

mina | 2196 comments Mod
I'm thinking of reading The Last Time I Lied and How Not to Ask a Boy to Prom

message 7: by Marti ♡ (new)

Marti ♡ | 50 comments I' think I'll read Sadie

message 8: by Aasne (new)

Aasne (aa091_) | 105 comments All That She Can See, buddy read for the summer challenge

message 9: by Aasne (new)

Aasne (aa091_) | 105 comments Also Circe :)

message 10: by Bopeep (new)

Bopeep Hallyn (bopip) | 853 comments I want to read Circe with Jessica!
and maybe, maaybe I'll read Thunderhead (if it's not a group read next month)

message 11: by Althea ☾, Group Procrastinator (On Hiatus) (new)

list updated!

message 12: by Katie (new)

Katie (love---katie) | 476 comments I'd like to nominate The Book of The Moment(tm)

Red, White & Royal Blue

message 13: by Bryce (new)

Bryce (brycereads) | 74 comments is anyone interested in doing A Court of Mist and Fury as a buddy read if the group read does not happen?

message 14: by laurel [the suspected bibliophile], Games/Challenges Procrastinator (new)

laurel [the suspected bibliophile] (laurelthereader) | 1955 comments Mod
I need to finally catch up on some sci-fi and fantasy. Would anyone like to join me for any of these?

Jade City (The Green Bone Saga, #1) by Fonda Lee The Tethered Mage (Swords and Fire, #1) by Melissa Caruso The Collapsing Empire (The Interdependency, #1) by John Scalzi The Traitor Baru Cormorant (The Masquerade, #1) by Seth Dickinson Archenemies (Renegades, #2) by Marissa Meyer

And if anyone has the ARCs, I can do a buddy read with these (in June)

The Dragon Republic (The Poppy War, #2) by R.F. Kuang Gods of Jade and Shadow by Silvia Moreno-Garcia The Affair of the Mysterious Letter by Alexis Hall

message 15: by Althea ☾, Group Procrastinator (On Hiatus) (new)

list updated!

message 16: by Katie (new)

Katie (love---katie) | 476 comments laurel [suspected bibliophile] wrote: "I need to finally catch up on some sci-fi and fantasy. Would anyone like to join me for any of these?

Jade City (The Green Bone Saga, #1) by Fonda LeeThe Tethered Mage (Swords and Fire, #1) by Melissa Caruso[bookcover:The Collapsing ..."

I'll do Gods of Jade and Shadow with you! I've had the arc for a while and I've been putting it off for too long for something I'm excited about.

message 17: by lara (new)

lara (illiterateish) I’m gonna go with A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2) by Sarah J. Maas and Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston

message 18: by Althea ☾, Group Procrastinator (On Hiatus) (new)

MASTERPOST UPDATED !

message 19: by Aless, Discord Procrastinator (new)

Aless (alesstheintrovert) | 1024 comments Mod
~ Althea ~ ☾ wrote: "MASTERPOST UPDATED !"

Circe and A Court of Mist and Fury are going to be group books!

message 20: by Althea ☾, Group Procrastinator (On Hiatus) (new)

Aless wrote: "~ Althea ~ ☾ wrote: "MASTERPOST UPDATED !"

Circe and A Court of Mist and Fury are going to be group books!"

updated! :)

message 21: by Althea ☾, Group Procrastinator (On Hiatus) (new)

@those who were going to buddy read Circe and ACOMAF...

you guys can discuss it in the group discussions instead, hope that's okay :)

message 22: by Violet (new)

Violet Stone (violetstone003) | 91 comments Marti wrote: "I' think I'll read Sadie"

I'll read it with you!

message 23: by laurel [the suspected bibliophile], Games/Challenges Procrastinator (last edited May 27, 2019 05:47AM) (new)

Katie wrote: Gods of Jade and Shadow by Silvia Moreno-Garcia

Yay! When would you like to do it? I think closer towards the end of June would be best for me, since the beginning of June is going to be a little crazy. Say June 21-30?

message 24: by Bopeep (new)

Bopeep Hallyn (bopip) | 853 comments @Althea, when do you want to start readin Thunderhead? I don't have the book yet but I think I can get it soon.

message 25: by Katie (new)

Katie (love---katie) | 476 comments laurel [suspected bibliophile] wrote: "Katie wrote: Gods of Jade and Shadow by Silvia Moreno-Garcia

Yay! When would you like to do it? I think closer towards the end of June would be best for me, since the beginning of June is going to be..."

I think that should work for me! I'm a teacher so my summer is basically wide open :)

message 26: by lara (new)

lara (illiterateish) Katie wrote: "I'd like to nominate The Book of The Moment(tm)

Red, White & Royal Blue"

Hey Katie, our buddy read is Red, White and Royal blue. When is it most convenient to read it in June for you? I’m available when you are!

message 27: by laurel [the suspected bibliophile], Games/Challenges Procrastinator (new)

Katie wrote: "laurel [suspected bibliophile] wrote: "Katie wrote: Gods of Jade and Shadow by Silvia Moreno-Garcia

Yay! When would you like to do it? I think closer towards the end of June would be best for me, sin..."

Cool!

message 28: by Katie (new)

Katie (love---katie) | 476 comments Jabnia wrote: "Katie wrote: "I'd like to nominate The Book of The Moment(tm)

Red, White & Royal Blue"

Hey Katie, our buddy read is Red, White and Royal blue. When is it most convenient to read i..."

Do you want to just start on the 1st? I was planning on looking at the chapters tomorrow to see how long they are and how many we might want to read per day.

message 29: by lara (new)

lara (illiterateish) Katie wrote: "Jabnia wrote: "Katie wrote: "I'd like to nominate The Book of The Moment(tm)

Red, White & Royal Blue"

Hey Katie, our buddy read is Red, White and Royal blue. When is it most conve..."

Yeah, that’s actually great! I wanna see what’s all the hype about

message 30: by Althea ☾, Group Procrastinator (On Hiatus) (new)

@Bopeep are you okay starting mid-June? like June 10?

message 31: by Bopeep (new)

Bopeep Hallyn (bopip) | 853 comments @althea Perfect!

message 32: by mina, Group/Buddy Reads Procrastinator (new)

mina | 2196 comments Mod
Does someone plan on reading The Flatshare?

message 33: by Hannah (new)

Hannah S. (wildreader143) | 174 comments I'm planning to read All That She Can See

message 34: by Steph (new)

Steph L (thetheatergeek) | 150 comments Hannah wrote: "I'm planning to read All That She Can See"

Oh! Great!

message 35: by Aless, Discord Procrastinator (last edited May 28, 2019 06:37PM) (new)

The threads will be made tomorrow, so if you have a particular reading timeframe and/or schedule, how many chapters per day (especially with ARCs), etc. please, let us know. Thanks!

message 36: by Bopeep (new)

Bopeep Hallyn (bopip) | 853 comments I want to read 2 chapters a day for Thunderhead, if Althea is ok with that!

message 37: by Steph (new)

Steph L (thetheatergeek) | 150 comments The All That She Can See Buddy read would like to read four chapters a day. Jessica, Hannah, and Myself.

message 38: by Aless, Discord Procrastinator (new)

Katie wrote: "Jabnia wrote: "Katie wrote: "I'd like to nominate The Book of The Moment(tm)

Red, White & Royal Blue"

Hey Katie, our buddy read is Red, White and Royal blue. When is it most conve..."

Hey, if you have an idea of how many chapters you guys would like to read then let me know so the thread can be made. I was thinking 2 per day, but whatever works for you guys, I will do.

message 39: by Aless, Discord Procrastinator (new)

laurel [suspected bibliophile] wrote: "Katie wrote: "laurel [suspected bibliophile] wrote: "Katie wrote: Gods of Jade and Shadow by Silvia Moreno-Garcia

Yay! When would you like to do it? I think closer towards the end of June would be be..."

How many chapters are in this book?

message 40: by Althea ☾, Group Procrastinator (On Hiatus) (new)

@bopeep i’m good with 2 chapters a day starting june 10 :) we might extend a but to july if that’s okay

message 41: by Althea ☾, Group Procrastinator (On Hiatus) (new)

*a bit

message 42: by Bopeep (new)

Bopeep Hallyn (bopip) | 853 comments No problem about that!

message 43: by Katie (new)

Katie (love---katie) | 476 comments Aless wrote: "Katie wrote: "Jabnia wrote: "Katie wrote: "I'd like to nominate The Book of The Moment(tm)

Red, White & Royal Blue"

Hey Katie, our buddy read is Red, White and Royal blue. When is..."

2 per day is perfect! Thanks! :)

message 44: by lara (new)

lara (illiterateish) Katie wrote: "Aless wrote: "Katie wrote: "Jabnia wrote: "Katie wrote: "I'd like to nominate The Book of The Moment(tm)

Red, White & Royal Blue"

Hey Katie, our buddy read is Red, White and Royal..."

Perfect, that works for me too!

message 45: by Violet (new)

Violet Stone (violetstone003) | 91 comments Marti wrote: "I' think I'll read Sadie"

When did you want to start? And do you want to do a chapter or two chapters a day? I'm leaving out of town on the second but I can still try to read a chapter or two while I'm gone until the 10th (when I get back).

message 46: by Aless, Discord Procrastinator (new)

Katie wrote: "Aless wrote: "Katie wrote: "Jabnia wrote: "Katie wrote: "I'd like to nominate The Book of The Moment(tm)

Red, White & Royal Blue"

Hey Katie, our buddy read is Red, White and Royal..."

You're welcome!

message 47: by laurel [the suspected bibliophile], Games/Challenges Procrastinator (new)

Aless wrote: "laurel [suspected bibliophile] wrote: "Katie wrote: "laurel [suspected bibliophile] wrote: "Katie wrote: Gods of Jade and Shadow by Silvia Moreno-Garcia

Yay! When would you like to do it? I think clo..."

Sorry for the delay! Looks like there are 35

message 48: by Aless, Discord Procrastinator (new)

laurel [suspected bibliophile] wrote: "Aless wrote: "laurel [suspected bibliophile] wrote: "Katie wrote: "laurel [suspected bibliophile] wrote: "Katie wrote: Gods of Jade and Shadow by Silvia Moreno-Garcia

Yay! When would you like to do i..."

Thank you, so much!

⭐Anni⭐ (Book Princess) (annithebookprincess) The month has already started but I got some books from the library I plan on reading soon, anyone who wants to read Wildcard by Marie Lu or Dry by Neal Shusterman with me? :D

message 50: by Steph (new)

Steph L (thetheatergeek) | 150 comments I know the month has started but is there anyway to get a thread for To Kill A Kingdom going? It's 43 chapters and we would start with chapter 12. We would like to read 4 chapters a day?

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.