AMERICAN HISTORICAL NOVELS discussion

Time and Regret
This topic is about Time and Regret
GIVEAWAY ANNOUNCEMENT - 3 BOOKS

Comments Showing 1-46 of 46 (46 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

M.K. | 42 comments As part of my week on American Historical Novels, I'm announcing a giveaway of not one, not two, but three books. First prize is a copy of TIME AND REGRET, second prize, a copy of LIES TOLD IN SILENCE, and third prize a copy of UNRAVELLED. Contest is open to participants around the world.

Your task ... TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS OF A NOVEL YOU'VE RECENTLY ENJOYED AND I'LL ENTER YOU INTO THE CONTEST.
Lies Told in Silence
Unravelled: Two Wars. Two Affairs. One Marriage.

message 2: by Jenni (new) - added it

Jenni | 9 comments I just finished The Things We Cannot Say. It was amazing! Thank you for the giveaway!

M.K. | 42 comments Jenni wrote: "I just finished The Things We Cannot Say. It was amazing! Thank you for the giveaway!"

Thanks for the recommendation, Jenni.

message 4: by Kelley (new) - added it

Kelley Blair | 16 comments I recently enjoyed Carousel Beach

M.K. | 42 comments Kelley wrote: "I recently enjoyed Carousel Beach"

Thanks, Kelley! Good luck on the giveaway.

MissSusie | 10 comments I just finished Ruta Sepetys Between Shades of Gray was a very interesting powerful book.

M.K. | 42 comments MissSusie wrote: "I just finished Ruta Sepetys Between Shades of Gray was a very interesting powerful book."

Thanks for the recommendation, Susie! I'll add you to the giveaway group.

message 8: by Linda (new) - added it

Linda Bridges (lindajoyb) | 68 comments I love Cynthia Harrod Eagles Morland family series & am currently finishing book 12. I feel like these characters are part of my family at this point.

M.K. | 42 comments Imagine writing 12 books based on the same characters! I know I've read at least one of them. My first two novels - Unravelled and Lies Told in Silence - have overlapping characters and I enjoyed that process so much that I took one of the characters (the grandmother) and went back in time to when she would have been about twenty, and wrote a their novel. That one hasn't been published yet. It's set in 1870 Paris :-)

message 10: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 24 comments The Last Year of the War by Sue Meissner

message 11: by M.K. (new) - rated it 5 stars

M.K. | 42 comments Barbara wrote: "The Last Year of the War by Sue Meissner"

Good one, Barbara.

message 12: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Gilbert | 4 comments The Oyster Thief

message 13: by M.K. (new) - rated it 5 stars

M.K. | 42 comments Tricia wrote: "The Oyster Thief"

Now there's a title!

message 14: by Dyana (new)

Dyana | 189 comments Reckless Beginnings by Tina Hogan Grant

message 15: by M.K. (new) - rated it 5 stars

M.K. | 42 comments Dyana wrote: "Reckless Beginnings by Tina Hogan Grant"

Thanks, Dyana

message 16: by Ilene (new) - added it

Ilene Harris (gahish) | 18 comments I just finished "The Song of the Jade Lily" what a great book.

Susan (The Book Bag) I just finished ‘Before She Was Found’. So, so good.

message 18: by Jimette (new)

Jimette Ross (jimetteross) | 3 comments Gosh! So many! Have You Seen Luis Velez, Catherine Ryan Hyde. Gold Digger, The Remarkable Baby Doe Tabor, Rebecca Rosenberg, Saving Meghan, D.J. Palmer. Thanks for chance!

message 19: by Robin (new)

Robin (flnjgirl) | 10 comments A lily in the light and

message 20: by Robin (new)

Robin (flnjgirl) | 10 comments The secret life pf Mrs London.

message 21: by Robin (new)

Robin (flnjgirl) | 10 comments Sorry have not figured how to edit typos

message 22: by Jane (new)

Jane (sweetbabyjane) An Unorthodox Match by Naomi Ragen.

message 23: by Connie (new) - added it

Connie | 3 comments M.K. wrote: "As part of my week on American Historical Novels, I'm announcing a giveaway of not one, not two, but three books. First prize is a copy of TIME AND REGRET, second prize, a copy of LIES TOLD IN SILE..."

I really enjoyed reading and reviewing A SILKEN THREAD by Kim Vogel Sawyer. Beautifully and sensitively written.

message 24: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (drpowell) | 376 comments M.K. wrote: "As part of my week on American Historical Novels, I'm announcing a giveaway of not one, not two, but three books. First prize is a copy of TIME AND REGRET, second prize, a copy of LIES TOLD IN SILE..." Big Little Lies -- not historical, but a delightful romp.

message 25: by Smbergin (new)

Smbergin | 6 comments My two most recent faves are My Dear Hamilton and Gold Digger, The Remarkable Baby Doe Tabor. Thanks for the chance to win my next fave!

message 26: by Andra (new)

Andra | 2 comments I recently read Lost Roses, the prequel to Lilac Girls.

message 27: by M.K. (new) - rated it 5 stars

M.K. | 42 comments Andra wrote: "I recently read Lost Roses, the prequel to Lilac Girls."
Thanks for this, Andra!

message 28: by M.K. (new) - rated it 5 stars

M.K. | 42 comments Smbergin wrote: "My two most recent faves are My Dear Hamilton and Gold Digger, The Remarkable Baby Doe Tabor. Thanks for the chance to win my next fave!"

I'll add your name, SMBergin!

message 29: by M.K. (new) - rated it 5 stars

M.K. | 42 comments Amanda wrote: "M.K. wrote: "As part of my week on American Historical Novels, I'm announcing a giveaway of not one, not two, but three books. First prize is a copy of TIME AND REGRET, second prize, a copy of LIES..."

Definitely! Did you see the series as well, Amanda?

message 30: by M.K. (new) - rated it 5 stars

M.K. | 42 comments Connie wrote: "M.K. wrote: "As part of my week on American Historical Novels, I'm announcing a giveaway of not one, not two, but three books. First prize is a copy of TIME AND REGRET, second prize, a copy of LIES..."

Thanks Connie! I'll add your name.

message 31: by M.K. (new) - rated it 5 stars

M.K. | 42 comments Jane wrote: "An Unorthodox Match by Naomi Ragen."

Great title!!

message 32: by M.K. (new) - rated it 5 stars

M.K. | 42 comments Robin wrote: "The secret life pf Mrs London."

Thanks, Robin!

message 33: by M.K. (new) - rated it 5 stars

M.K. | 42 comments Ilene wrote: "I just finished "The Song of the Jade Lily" what a great book."

Thanks, Ilene. I'll add you to the giveaway.

message 34: by M.K. (new) - rated it 5 stars

M.K. | 42 comments Susan (The Book Bag) wrote: "I just finished ‘Before She Was Found’. So, so good."

I need a good book right now ... thanks Susan.

message 35: by M.K. (new) - rated it 5 stars

M.K. | 42 comments Jimette wrote: "Gosh! So many! Have You Seen Luis Velez, Catherine Ryan Hyde. Gold Digger, The Remarkable Baby Doe Tabor, Rebecca Rosenberg, Saving Meghan, D.J. Palmer. Thanks for chance!"

I've added you to the giveaway, Jimette.

message 36: by M.K. (new) - rated it 5 stars

M.K. | 42 comments M.K. wrote: "As part of my week on American Historical Novels, I'm announcing a giveaway of not one, not two, but three books. First prize is a copy of TIME AND REGRET, second prize, a copy of LIES TOLD IN SILE..."

Many thanks to all of you for participating in the giveaway and for sharing your book titles. The winners are in: Kayla Marie Evans from the Facebook group wins a copy of TIME AND REGRET; Tricia from the Goodreads group wins a copy of LIES TOLD IN SILENCE; and Mary Gibson also from the Facebook group wins a copy of UNRAVELLED. Congratulations!! Would the winners please get in touch with me so I can mail these off. You can reach me at mktod [at] bell [dot] net.

message 37: by M.K. (new) - rated it 5 stars

M.K. | 42 comments Tricia wrote: "The Oyster Thief"

Hi Tricia ... in case you didn't see the general post, you are the winner of my novel Lies Told in Silence. Please contact me so I can send it to you. You can reach me: mktod [at] bell [dot] net. Congratulations.

message 38: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (drpowell) | 376 comments M.K. wrote: "Amanda wrote: "M.K. wrote: "As part of my week on American Historical Novels, I'm announcing a giveaway of not one, not two, but three books. First prize is a copy of TIME AND REGRET, second prize,..." I did. I actually started watching it first and after the 4th episode I left my house to run to the bookstore to get the book! :) That is the best way to find a new author!

message 39: by Jodi (new)

Jodi | 2 comments The Great Death shows Indian Lore, strength of young girls as well as the Strength of the Native American People. Enjoyed the way the book unfolded.

message 40: by M.K. (new) - rated it 5 stars

M.K. | 42 comments Jodi wrote: "The Great Death shows Indian Lore, strength of young girls as well as the Strength of the Native American People. Enjoyed the way the book unfolded."

Thanks for your comment, Jodi. Unfortunately, the giveaway ended on Sunday, which was the end of my week on American Historical Novels. I should have included that in the post. Happy reading!

message 41: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Gilbert | 4 comments Thank you!!

message 42: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kkb1216) | 2 comments Gold Digger, The Remarkable Baby Doe Tabor and We Came Here to Forget are the two that I have enjoyed the most, recently.

message 43: by M.K. (new) - rated it 5 stars

M.K. | 42 comments Hi everyone ... just thought I'd mention that Time and Regret is on sale for the incredibly low price of $.74. Enjoy!! https://www.amazon.com/Time-Regret-M-...

message 44: by Becky (new)

Becky Lower (beckylower) | 1 comments Good afternoon, everyone. I just entered my novella, An Unconventional Courtship, into a free giveaway to celebrate my birthday month. This is a re-release of the prequel to the Cotillion Ball series. Grab your free copy here: https://claims.prolificworks.com/free...

message 45: by Dyana (new)

Dyana | 189 comments Appearances!

message 46: by Smbergin (new)

Smbergin | 6 comments Accidental Empress by Allison Pataki. Loved it and its sequel! Thanks for the opportunity.