The Mookse and the Gripes discussion

Favorite Presses > Fairlight Moderns

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Louise (last edited Apr 10, 2019 08:23AM) (new)

Louise | 107 comments I loved my copy of Bottled Goods so I googled the press and was pleased to discover their other publications which all look quite interesting (including those slated for 2019). I ended up contacting them to see if I could buy the books from them directly. Very friendly and helpful so I was glad to support them. They have only been in business for a little over a year. Check out what they've got coming:

https://www.fairlightbooks.co.uk/fair...

message 2: by Ella (new)

Ella (ellamc) | 1019 comments Mod
Thanks for the link. Looking at the upcoming books, they look very intriguing. That's a subscription I'd sign up for, if there was one. A few of them really had me wanting to continue on and read right now. If you talk to them again, tell them they should start a subscription for their upcoming Fairlight Moderns ;)

message 3: by Louise (last edited Apr 10, 2019 05:14PM) (new)

Louise | 107 comments I did ask about the possibility of a subscription and their reply was:

"With regards to the possibility of a subscription service, we aren’t currently planning anything. We have only be in business for just over a year, so there is the possibility that it may be something we develop later - the online shop itself has only been added in the past few months. "

They were wonderful to deal with though. The only bundles they had on their site (3 books, and 5 books) included Bottled Goods. I told them I already had it, so they created a 4 book bundle without Bottled Goods just because I asked. While it is still costing me $10 (Canadian) more to buy the 4 books directly from the publisher than from Amazon (mostly due to overseas shipping) I am happy to do so to support a small press. I believe the books come individually wrapped with a bookmark too. Anyway, if enough people ask about subscriptions they may do it.

message 4: by Ella (new)

Well now I just love you. After typing my reply to you, I decided to go back and buy myself that four book bundle! I have you to thank for that? Well then thank you so much!

message 5: by Louise (new)

Louise | 107 comments That's fantastic Ella. Maybe we can compare notes when we read them.

message 6: by WndyJW (new)

WndyJW | 4351 comments Thanks for this Louise! They look great!

message 7: by Louise (last edited May 08, 2019 11:06AM) (new)

Louise | 107 comments I just received my bundle, beautifully gift wrapped with a personal card. I can't wait to read these, if Bottled Goods is anything to go by.

Gumble's Yard - Golden Reviewer | 5097 comments That’s great.

message 9: by Ella (new)

Thank you for posting the picture of how beautifully they arrive, Louise - I took one then promptly forgot to post it anywhere. I love the bookmark a wee bit too much.