Book Lovers Group discussion

Fandom Chat > Hunger Games Fans

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by A_ bookbound _soul, Athena's daughter/ Artemis's Hunter (new)

A_ bookbound _soul (a_bookbound_soul) | 265 comments Mod
This is a place for Hungers Games fans to discuss all the HG fandom stuff and meet other Fans. Have fun!

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy Koto | 28 comments Amazing! This is one of my favorite series of all time!

I think it would be fun to rank the books. Mine are actually in order!

Number 1 The Hunger Games
Number 2 Catching Fire
Number 3 Mockingjay

I fell in love with the first book when I initially read it and I guess the not knowing and the mystery of it really captured my full attention. I simply could not put the book down! Catching Fire still had a lot of that same action, but I sort of knew what to expect and Mockingjay was different and more focused on the rebellion, but I still enjoyed it.

Interested to hear which books you guys prefer! :)

message 3: by A_ bookbound _soul, Athena's daughter/ Artemis's Hunter (new)

I'll rate the books as follows :
1. Catching Fire - Even if the plot was a bit same it was better. I specially loved the arena. I always found it better than the first one.
2. Hunger Games- I agree with Amy on this one that it was gripping from the start. But as the end approached I lost the liking for the book somewhere.
3. The Mockingjay- the final novel in the series that ended terribly! After the attack on Snow's mansion and death of Prim , it seemed like S. Collins wrote the remaining part in one night! The Katniss I liked initially was lost somewhere.

message 4: by Disney_World (new)

Disney_World I want to read the series, but at my Library there is a waiting list for them. :I

message 5: by Amy (new)

Amy Koto | 28 comments Grace :) wrote: "I'll rate the books as follows :
1. Catching Fire - Even if the plot was a bit same it was better. I specially loved the arena. I always found it better than the first one.
2. Hunger Games- I agree..."

Great points Grace! I agree with you about the last book for sure. It had so much potential to end several different ways!

message 6: by Amy (new)

Amy Koto | 28 comments Disney_World wrote: "I want to read the series, but at my Library there is a waiting list for them. :I"

I hope you get to read them soon. They are really addicting! I liked them better than the films and read them before those came out.

message 7: by [deleted user] (last edited Apr 12, 2019 09:50AM) (new)

im not sure if I'm the only one BUT I think that Gale is the right partner for Katniss, not Peeta. I loved the series from all my heart but when I read the ending I felt so annoyed.
GALE
GALE
GALE FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 8: by A_ bookbound _soul, Athena's daughter/ Artemis's Hunter (new)

Why do you think Gale is better?

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Grace :) wrote: "Why do you think Gale is better?"

He's the one who took care of Katniss mother and young sister add to that he was her childhood best friend. When Katniss left her family he got her mom food and medicine and what did Peeta do???
I will answer
NOTHING!!!!!!

message 10: by Amy (new)

Amy Koto | 28 comments Gale always felt like the right choice for me too, but then once they started the storyline in the third book, you could tell the author wanted her to end up with Peeta.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

How's that??
I felt so happy when they broke up BUT they come back together AGAIN
(sorry for my anger I cooled down now)

message 12: by A_ bookbound _soul, Athena's daughter/ Artemis's Hunter (new)

Doaa wrote: "Grace :) wrote: "Why do you think Gale is better?"

He's the one who took care of Katniss mother and young sister add to that he was her childhood best friend. When Katniss left her family he got h..."

How could he do anything? He was in the games with Katniss! Also he's the one who suffered the most.

message 13: by Amy (new)

Amy Koto | 28 comments Doaa wrote: "How's that??
I felt so happy when they broke up BUT they come back together AGAIN
(sorry for my anger I cooled down now)"

I should also clarify that I am 100 percent OK with her being with Peeta and I think that they had a really sweet love, but I guess I was just always drawn to Gale and maybe that just goes for my own personal preference but I do like Peeta too.

message 14: by A_ bookbound _soul, Athena's daughter/ Artemis's Hunter (new)

It's probably an old news now but for those who don't yet know a novella for the series Untitled Panem Novel is gonna release next year. Really looking forward for it!

message 15: by Amy (new)

Amy Koto | 28 comments Grace :) wrote: "It's probably an old news now but for those who don't yet know a novella for the series Untitled Panem Novel is gonna release next year. Really looking forward for it!"

Me too Grace!!!!!! :)