What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Field Guide (The Spiderwick Chronicles, #1)
This topic is about The Field Guide
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA Fantasy where siblings use their family member's (uncle/grandparent?) necklace to investigate/find the supernatural/fantasy creatures? [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tyler (last edited Apr 09, 2019 10:29PM) (new)

Tyler P | 2 comments I read this book back in like 2007-2008 and have been trying to find it for a while now...It was a YA book that may have been in a series, but it featured lots of fantasy/supernatural monsters/creatures in it. I can remember a few of the scenes from it. One included the brother using this sort of looking glass object/pendant to find a nymph in a pond/lake somewhere. He also used it to spot some kind of creature/person in a mirror or something like that? The book included a few illustrations but wasn't a full comic from my memory. At some point, a goblin-type of creature got involved and caused some trouble. It had a map on one of the pages too and I think the teens were trying to find someone in their family?

I'm completely lost on what the name of this book is so if someone could help me out that would be awesome, thanks!

message 2: by Claudia (new)

Claudia Rose | 4 comments I’m pretty sure you’re thinking of the Spiderwick Chronicals!

message 3: by Tyler (new)

Tyler P | 2 comments Claudia wrote: "I’m pretty sure you’re thinking of the Spiderwick Chronicals!"

!!! It is! Thank you so much for your help!

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33543 comments Mod
Glad you found your book series, Tyler. Here's the link for Claudia's find, the first book in The Spiderwick Chronicles series - The Field Guide by Tony DiTerlizzi.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Field Guide (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Tony DiTerlizzi (other topics)