The Universe of Marissa Meyer discussion

Marissa Meyer
This topic is about Marissa Meyer
103 views
Welcome > Favourite book by Marissa Meyer and why?

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by zaiyah (last edited Apr 09, 2019 09:22PM) (new)

zaiyah (skellyzelly) Tell us what your favourite Marissa Meyer novel is and why it's your favourite. And your favourite character if you feel up to it.


message 2: by zaiyah (new)

zaiyah (skellyzelly) Oh, I guess I should start off.

Okay, My favourite series is the Renegades series because the characters, plot and everything about it is just amazing because that's Marissa Meyers style. Also, I guess I like it because I enjoy reading out of the dystopian genre so that's probably also a main factor.

Out of the Renegades series, my favourite book is Archenemies because I like stories when they're already up and at 'em instead of the very beginning when things are just getting started and everything's really slow.

My favourite character is Adrian, but I don't really know why. He's just so great.


message 3: by Noelle (new)

Noelle | 6 comments My favorite book and character of all time is Cress. I’m a huge shipper of all the characters, but I ship Cresswell the most. I relate to Cress on a personal level. I love how everything is pieced together in this book and it all makes more sense. The end made me cry, but other then that it was a really fun read and I love the Lunar Chronicles series.


message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

My favourite novel of Marissa Meyer's is probably Winter. Probably. It's so hard to choose though. I might like Supernova more, though. You never know.

My favourite character is... uh... either Thorne or Jacin. Probably. Also, side note, I have a fellow bibliophilic friend who I had try and read Renegades and she disliked it, strongly, especially Adrian, and for the life of me I cannot understand why. Adrian is amazing.


message 5: by zaiyah (new)

zaiyah (skellyzelly) Eryka still isn't done Renegades yet. It's been about six months now.


message 6: by Nikita (new)

Nikita Zaiyah wrote: "Eryka still isn't done Renegades yet. It's been about six months now."

Not interesting or got something else that keeps you from finishing?


message 7: by Nikita (new)

Nikita It's hard to pick a favorite book but easier to choose a favorite series. My favorite series is Lunar.


message 8: by Zoha (new)

Zoha | 2 comments Heartless. I absolutely loved reading this book even though it broke my heart piece by piece as it reached the ending.


message 9: by zaiyah (new)

zaiyah (skellyzelly) Zoha wrote: "Heartless. I absolutely loved reading this book even though it broke my heart piece by piece as it reached the ending."

Same. I had to leave the room and go for a walk so I didn't tear my book to shreds.


message 10: by Caroline, The Lunar Princess (new)

Caroline (coffeeat2am) | 136 comments Mod
Heartless was the first book I ever cried while reading!! Annnd I cry every time I re-read it...


message 11: by zaiyah (new)

zaiyah (skellyzelly) I know. I barely ever cry when I read books, but for Heartless it felt like my heart was being ripped from my chest and that Marissa Meyer was being heartless for killing Jest. He was my favourite. character (she's still my second or third favourite author, though).


message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Zaiyah wrote: "I know. I barely ever cry when I read books, but for Heartless it felt like my heart was being ripped from my chest and that Marissa Meyer was being heartless for killing Jest. He was my favourite...."

same...


message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Zaiyah wrote: "Eryka still isn't done Renegades yet. It's been about six months now."

WHAT??????? I cannot comprehend this.


message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't understand how you guys don't cry when reading books. I can't STOP crying when I do. I literally cried at the end of Winter because I was so sad it was over.


message 15: by zaiyah (new)

zaiyah (skellyzelly) I KNOW! It's so ridiculous. She's, like, only 3/4 of the way through it, give or take. She doesn't like it and keeps on reading other books instead.

Internal crying, screaming, yelling, throwing, ripping, shredding etc.. You can't do everything out loud you know. It's not healthy. But a little bit is enough, just make sure to muffle the screaming, or someone might think you're getting muuuurrrddeeeerrreedd.


message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Zaiyah wrote: "I KNOW! It's so ridiculous. She's, like, only 3/4 of the way through it, give or take. She doesn't like it and keeps on reading other books instead.

Internal crying, screaming, yelling, throwing,..."


Honestly. Is she still reading Twilight? (Ugh ugh ugh I hate it.)

I don't do everything out loud. Of course not. And besides, I'm an incredibly quiet crier. I was crying because of a book this one time and my entire family was in the room and none of them noticed.


message 17: by zaiyah (new)

zaiyah (skellyzelly) No. She got about eighty pages in and decided it was trash.

Actual tears? Or just sound?


message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Zaiyah wrote: "No. She got about eighty pages in and decided it was trash.

Actual tears? Or just sound?"


Good. Can't say I disagree with that analysis.

No, actual tears, and no sound. I make literally almost no sound when I cry.


message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Katniss The Electric Lunar Demigod Hero! wrote: "Ariadne- bookbean13 wrote: "I don't understand how you guys don't cry when reading books. I can't STOP crying when I do. I literally cried at the end of Winter because I was so sad it was over."

s..."


Oof. I've never cried because of a book in class before, thankfully. I imagine that would be really awkward and slightly embarrassing.


message 20: by zaiyah (new)

zaiyah (skellyzelly) Ariadne- bookbean13 wrote: "Katniss The Electric Lunar Demigod Hero! wrote: "Ariadne- bookbean13 wrote: "I don't understand how you guys don't cry when reading books. I can't STOP crying when I do. I literally cried at the en..."

I have a friend who likes to yell at the people in her books, and one year she got really mad at them and started screaming at them during class. Everyone stared at her.

I mainly just start hyperventilating when reading, or I talk to myself, but that's normal.


message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Zaiyah wrote: "Ariadne- bookbean13 wrote: "Katniss The Electric Lunar Demigod Hero! wrote: "Ariadne- bookbean13 wrote: "I don't understand how you guys don't cry when reading books. I can't STOP crying when I do...."

Sure. Normal. I've talked to myself and started yelling at characters before. Several times.


message 22: by zaiyah (new)

zaiyah (skellyzelly) But in class?


message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Renegades no question


message 24: by ItsJustMeAlex! (new)

ItsJustMeAlex! | 2 comments I like all of the books. :)


message 25: by CaitlinJoyful (new)

CaitlinJoyful | 3 comments Renegades. Defo. you can't not like Nova


message 26: by ~ flora ~ (new)

~ flora ~ | 16 comments Yeah, I totally agree. The whole renegades series is just so good.


message 27: by Noshos_Nachos (new)

Noshos_Nachos | 3 comments My favorite series is The Lunar Chronicles. I honestly don't know if I can pick ONE book. Probably winter though, since its sort of the final book, where the plot reaches its high.


message 28: by Clarissa (new)

Clarissa | 2 comments My favorite is either Cinder or Cress. Both books grabbed my attention right away from the start of reading the series. I love all the action, the romance, and the adventure! So much of my things in one book!


message 29: by Aspen (new)

Aspen (kenpo_girl) | 2 comments My favorite series is the Renegades series. Specifically, Supernova is my favorite! Hopefully, I can find some other people who enjoy those books as much as I do.


message 30: by Noshos_Nachos (new)

Noshos_Nachos | 3 comments I really love Supernova because Marisa Meyer wrote the part when Adrian found out Nova was nightmare so well. And the epilogue made me completely freak out!


message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

I really like Winter because I really like Winter. :)


message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

I also really enjoyed Fairest. Because of Levana. I really like Levana


message 33: by Jessi (new)

Jessi | 2 comments I have only read all the lunar chronicles books and Heartless but i'm so excited to read the rest of her books this year! So far, my favorite book is Winter, because I love her personality! I love them all though!


message 34: by Nancy (new)

Nancy | 3 comments I hate to choose so ill just say my favourite from each series:
Lunar Chronicles - either cress or winter
Renegades - Archenemies
I love heartless too because duh Jest


message 35: by Gwenna (new)

Gwenna | 12 comments Am I the only one who can’t choose!? Ah they all have things that I love in them!🙈


message 36: by RoaAzri (new)

RoaAzri | 2 comments I really love Cinder..
I guess because I like Cinderella re-tellings 🤷🏻‍♀️.. and my favorite character is Throne and Cinder


ヽ(◉ᗜ◉)ノ ♥ Sushi Roll ♥ | 3 comments I really loved Cress. I don't know why, but maybe I just liked how confident she was when she stepped out into the real world, despite being stuck in a satellite for 7 years! :)


message 38: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (Book Hooked) Winter! Because my OTP finally confessed their love for each other!! 🤣 I mean one of them already had lol but for real this time. CRESSWELL!! It was honestly an epic conclusion and ending! And the battle...👌🏼👌🏼


message 39: by Elisia (new)

Elisia | 25 comments My favorite book is Cress, bc that's when my favorite character starts to have character development. Thorne is my favorite character, and in Cress we see a whole new side of him. My favorite scene(spoiler alert) is when Thorne and Cress were talking at the end and Thorne goes," I don't think I would know love if it was..."
bc I feel like he was about to say "in front of my face" which is where Cress was and I feel like this is when he starts to realize he loves her.


message 40: by Elisia (new)

Elisia | 25 comments deleted user wrote: "I don't understand how you guys don't cry when reading books. I can't STOP crying when I do. I literally cried at the end of Winter because I was so sad it was over."

I talk to characters while I read books. My family will stumble upon me screaming," Don't do it! It's a trap!" or "Just kiss her already!" in my bedroom all the time. And I've broken down into tears several times...and yell really loudly when the characters of a story are ambushed...and mouth what the characters are saying. Does anyone else do this or is it just me?


message 41: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Gowans | 6 comments Nope, I totally relate!! Also, when I no someone is evil, and the protagonist is falling for it, I start to cry because I'm so worried they will die!!


back to top