American Gods (American Gods, #1) American Gods discussion

Speculative Fiction

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Dawn Lawson Is there anyone here who loves Speculative Fiction?

Dawn Lawson SSteppenwolFF wrote: "Harlan EllisonDeathbird Stories"

Oh wow -- I think this has a story in it I read ages ago, the most frightening thing I've ever read. I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream.

Thanks SSteppenwolFF. I found Worlds Beyond the Margins, and have been happily diving in and out of piles of books ever since.

message 4: by SSteppenwolFF (last edited Mar 27, 2020 10:08AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

SSteppenwolFF I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream by Harlan Ellison I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream was 1st published in IF magazine in 1967 and later used as the title of one of Harlan's collections published that same year which also included the story . Harlan Ellison & Hermann Hesse are my 2 favorite authors and
Deathbird Stories Deathbird Stories (Nucleus Fantasy Classic) by Harlan Ellison & Steppenwolf by Hermann Hesse Steppenwolf are my all time favorite books . Broke my heart when Harlan passed in 2018 . I first read his work when I was a relatively young age and his words changed the way I looked at the world as did Hesse's . They are my Literary Fathers , I a son raised on their works and have a great deal to do with me being the person I am now . ☮️ 🐺

message 5: by SSteppenwolFF (last edited Mar 27, 2020 09:22PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

SSteppenwolFF Dawn wrote: "Is there anyone here who loves Speculative Fiction?"

Found a PDF file of "The Deathbird" if your interested ... promise this one won't frighten you but it did make me THINK ... ☮️ 🐺

http://cyberrvr.weebly.com/uploads/5/...

Dawn Lawson SSteppenwolFF wrote: "Dawn wrote: "Is there anyone here who loves Speculative Fiction?"

Found a PDF file of "The Deathbird" if your interested ... promise this one won't frighten you but it did make me THINK ... ☮️ 🐺

..."

Well thank you! On it!

SSteppenwolFF Dawn wrote: "SSteppenwolFF wrote: "Dawn wrote: "Is there anyone here who loves Speculative Fiction?"

Found a PDF file of "The Deathbird" if your interested ... promise this one won't frighten you but it did ma..."

Cool ... Enjoy ... ☮️🐺

Dawn Lawson Extremely eloquently said.

SSteppenwolFF Dawn wrote: "Extremely eloquently said."

Thank you . Very kind of you to say ... Stay well ... ☮️🇺🇸🐺

message 10: by Dawn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dawn Lawson SSteppenwolFF wrote: "Dawn wrote: "Extremely eloquently said."

Thank you . Very kind of you to say ... Stay well ... ☮️🇺🇸🐺"

Oh yes. You too.