Play Book Tag discussion

Yours After Dark (Gansett Island, #17)
This topic is about Yours After Dark
Archive: Other Books > Yours After Dark by Marie Force - 2 stars

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Theresa | 6710 comments Work is endless and all stress. I've turned to comfort and fluff reading. Even if only giving it 2 stars, I thoroughly enjoyed this 'next in' a contemporary romance series I've been following for a long time.

We're back on Gansett Island for a new romance, catch up on old ones, checking in on the wedding/baby count, and what businesses are being expanded or started in order to provide food on the table for all these extended families. Not great, a tad repetitive in the set-ups, events, and even the dramas. But it's like visiting a favorite town or going to a reunion - comforting and enjoyable for a few hours even when a lot is predictable and very familiar. But that's also the comfort of series books like this and why I read them. I did like how the author not only introduced the very serious chronic degenerative illness rheumatoid arthritis in a young person (something I've seen many friends have to endure from a very young age), how that affects that person's hopes, dreams and livelihood. I also liked a lot the introduction of new characters and laying the foundation for continuing the series because we were running out of new stories that could be told! I want to be able to visit Gansett Island against when the going gets tough.

message 2: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7759 comments I have always wanted to read something by her as she is from RI and lives here now. Plus, her Gansett series takes place right here, I look at Narragansett Bay every day from my office window.

But, your review does not encourage me...

message 3: by Theresa (last edited Apr 09, 2019 06:12PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Theresa | 6710 comments Nicole R wrote: "I have always wanted to read something by her as she is from RI and lives here now. Plus, her Gansett series takes place right here, I look at Narragansett Bay every day from my office window.

Bu..."

Try the first Maid for Love - I even re-read it at some point because I enjoyed it so much. The first few were far stronger than the later ones which feel like they are churned out to feed demand and are short on substance. I did stop reading them at one point, then picked up 2 or 3 that had come out and read as if one book. That worked really well actually, giving the story arcs far more substance.

Oh and if you like police or political thrillers, read the Fatal series. I think those are far superior to her other work.

message 4: by KateNZ (new)

KateNZ | 2338 comments I’m also swamped by work and struggling with reading. Fluff calls!

This one isn’t available but I’ve borrowed Fatal Justice from the library on your recommendation :)

Theresa | 6710 comments Go for it! Can stand alone and has a kickass heroine, a hunky mercenary, and a hreat K-9 with plenty of action.