Challenge Corner discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > Author Q&A

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (last edited Apr 26, 2019 07:13AM) (new)

Felicia | 14751 comments Mod

We have big news people! Your wonderful and most favorite mods ever thought it'd be super awesome to do an author Q&A. We've never had one happen before here in Challenge Corner so we figured why not try to get the ball rolling on that! We reached out to none other than the wonderful and amazingly talented, Laura Thalassa! We asked her to do a Q&A and she so kindly agreed!

Some back story on Laura. She's has written many books. Some of those are Rhapsodic and the rest of The Bargainer Series, her The Queen of All that Dies series and many more that are some of my personal favorites. She's currently working on her Four Horsemen series, where Pestilence came out last year and War should be out sometime in the near future. Our fingers are crossed that it's super soon! She's agreed to answer your questions regarding her published books, upcoming books, being a self-published author or an author in general, and anything else you guys can think of within reason. (:

I know many of you have read some of her books and have even done buddy reads with yours truly. So we figured Laura was the perfect pick to try to have our first author Q&A! Please comment on this thread here (or message me if you'd rather stay anonymous) with your questions for her. We will pick maybe 10-15 questions to ask Laura and get them over to her. We will then post her response when she sends the answers back!

We're super excited to have our first author Q&A here in CC! We wanted to include our group members in the Q&A rather than us mods decide all the questions that get asked. So we hope you all will come through with your questions! <3

Here's some ways to find out more about Laura and her books!
Laura's Goodreads Page
Laura's Website

We want to get our questions to Laura in a timely manner so this thread will be up for about a week or so. So that we can get the questions together and get them over to Laura!

Questions:
1. What made her decide to go the self-publishing route?

2. How different is it compared to traditional publishing?

3. Where does she do most of her writing?

4. Where did she get the idea for a Four Horsemen story?

5. When did she know she wanted to be an author?

6. How can one get an arc of her books?

7. Where does she pull her inspiration from? Real life people/situations, other authors/books, etc?

8. Which of her books was her favorite to write?

9. After finishing War, what book will she be working on next?

10. Is there any chance of getting a small novella for what happens after the events at the end of Dark Harmony?

11. Any advice for someone who wants to be an author but might be scared of getting into it?

message 2: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (last edited Apr 09, 2019 01:40PM) (new)

Alaina (ameserole) | 49904 comments Mod
CAN I GET AN ARC ON WAR? POR FAVOR? I AM DYING! SILENTLY CRYING.

message 3: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new)

Aly (alyp_01) | 18466 comments Mod
No, me first Alaina!!! I need it!

message 4: by Andy, Head of Read-a-thons (new)

Andy | 7021 comments Mod
What made her decide to go the self-publishing route? How different is it compared to traditional publishing?

Where does she do most of her writing?

message 5: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new)

Where did she get the idea for a Four Horsemen story?

message 6: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Aly wrote: "No, me first Alaina!!! I need it!"

LMFAO NO. I'll fight you girl! Oh wait, we could both get it!!

message 7: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new)

Okay, good compromise lol

message 8: by Andy, Head of Read-a-thons (new)

Andy | 7021 comments Mod
Alaina wrote: "CAN I GET AN ARC ON WAR? POR FAVOR? I AM DYING! SILENTLY CRYING."

Doesn't she give out ARCs in her facebook group sometimes? Maybe you should join that

message 9: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Andrea wrote: "Alaina wrote: "CAN I GET AN ARC ON WAR? POR FAVOR? I AM DYING! SILENTLY CRYING."

Doesn't she give out ARCs in her facebook group sometimes? Maybe you should join that"

ugh but for the people who don't use/like facebook…

message 10: by Andy, Head of Read-a-thons (new)

Andy | 7021 comments Mod
Alaina wrote: "Andrea wrote: "Alaina wrote: "CAN I GET AN ARC ON WAR? POR FAVOR? I AM DYING! SILENTLY CRYING."

Doesn't she give out ARCs in her facebook group sometimes? Maybe you should join that"

ugh but for ..."

email her

message 11: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Andrea wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Andrea wrote: "Alaina wrote: "CAN I GET AN ARC ON WAR? POR FAVOR? I AM DYING! SILENTLY CRYING."

Doesn't she give out ARCs in her facebook group sometimes? Maybe you should join that..."

so much work...

message 12: by Andy, Head of Read-a-thons (new)

Andy | 7021 comments Mod
Alaina wrote: "Andrea wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Andrea wrote: "Alaina wrote: "CAN I GET AN ARC ON WAR? POR FAVOR? I AM DYING! SILENTLY CRYING."

Doesn't she give out ARCs in her facebook group sometimes? Maybe you s..."

No ARC for you then lol

message 13: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Andrea wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Andrea wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Andrea wrote: "Alaina wrote: "CAN I GET AN ARC ON WAR? POR FAVOR? I AM DYING! SILENTLY CRYING."

Doesn't she give out ARCs in her facebook group sometim..."

ugh.. get it for me?

message 14: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Laziness does not beget ARCS. lol.

message 15: by Andy, Head of Read-a-thons (new)

Andy | 7021 comments Mod
Alaina wrote: "Andrea wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Andrea wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Andrea wrote: "Alaina wrote: "CAN I GET AN ARC ON WAR? POR FAVOR? I AM DYING! SILENTLY CRYING."

Doesn't she give out ARCs in her faceboo..."

Lol i'm not famous like you, she'd decline me hahahaha

message 16: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Felicia might be able to get it. Doesn't she know the author?

message 17: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Andrea wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Andrea wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Andrea wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Andrea wrote: "Alaina wrote: "CAN I GET AN ARC ON WAR? POR FAVOR? I AM DYING! SILENTLY CRYING."

Doesn't she give out ARCs..."

Me? FAMOUS? ha - no.

message 18: by Andy, Head of Read-a-thons (new)

Andy | 7021 comments Mod
Anna 'Bookbuyer' wrote: "Felicia might be able to get it. Doesn't she know the author?"

She's in the fb group but that's it i think

message 19: by Andy, Head of Read-a-thons (new)

Andy | 7021 comments Mod
Alaina wrote: "Andrea wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Andrea wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Andrea wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Andrea wrote: "Alaina wrote: "CAN I GET AN ARC ON WAR? POR FAVOR? I AM DYING! SILENTLY CRYING."

Doesn't sh..."

lol lies

message 20: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Andrea wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Andrea wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Andrea wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Andrea wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Andrea wrote: "Alaina wrote: "CAN I GET AN ARC ON WAR? POR FAVOR? I AM DYING! SILENTLY CRYIN..."

...how is that a lie?

message 21: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments I swear someone I know know's her. I thought it was Felicia. O.o

message 22: by Andy, Head of Read-a-thons (new)

Andy | 7021 comments Mod
Alaina wrote: "Andrea wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Andrea wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Andrea wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Andrea wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Andrea wrote: "Alaina wrote: "CAN I GET AN ARC ON WAR? POR FAVOR? I AM DYING!..."

cause i said so

message 23: by Andy, Head of Read-a-thons (new)

Andy | 7021 comments Mod
Anna 'Bookbuyer' wrote: "I swear someone I know know's her. I thought it was Felicia. O.o"

i almost met her at Apollycon :(

message 24: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Maybe I don't know someone then. O.o I have no clue anymore. Brain is fully focused on puppy...

message 25: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

Lmfao. I don't personally know her. But I'm a part of the Facebook group Andy mentioned. And I was the one to FB message her to ask for this Q&A. But that's about it. Lol. (:

message 26: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Maybe that's what I'm thinking of??? IDK anymore....

message 27: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Andrea wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Andrea wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Andrea wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Andrea wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Andrea wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Andrea wrote: "Alaina wrote: "CAN I GET AN ARC ON WAR? POR FAV..."

You're a liar.

message 28: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Felicia wrote: "Lmfao. I don't personally know her. But I'm a part of the Facebook group Andy mentioned. And I was the one to FB message her to ask for this Q&A. But that's about it. Lol. (:"

CAN YOU GET ME A SQUIGGLE ARC?

message 29: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

Nah.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.