Dumbledore's Army discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.

Comments Showing 1-50 of 54 (54 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

okay!

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 265 comments Do you speak Arabic? A lot of the girls at my school are Muslim, and they all speak Arabic.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

well,i go to a private school(for muslims)and they teach us arabic but i'm not great!sorry!but i do know most islamic history!

message 4: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) Are you a fundamentalist?

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

a what?(i'm only 11)

message 6: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) Do you think everything in the Qur'an literally happened, or is it metaphorical?

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 265 comments I know a very basic outline of the history, as in, one section of a history textbook. I know a bit on Muslim practices, though.

I've tried teaching myself Arabic, but I didn't have any luck. I had the alphabet down, but I had trouble with reading them when they were joined together.

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 265 comments Fundamentalism:
A usually religious movement or point of view characterized by a return to fundamental principles, by rigid adherence to those principles, and often by intolerance of other views and opposition to secularism.

I'm awful at coming up with my own definitions. This is from dictionary.com

message 9: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) We did Islam last year and the year before, it was pretty interesting.

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 265 comments My school doesn't do World Religions until senior year. *goes off to sulk*.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Lauren wrote: "Do you think everything in the Qur'an literally happened, or is it metaphorical? "

literally!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) wrote: "I know a very basic outline of the history, as in, one section of a history textbook. I know a bit on Muslim practices, though.

I've tried teaching myself Arabic, but I didn't have any luck. I..."

that's the easiest part!i can read the quran!

message 13: by Casey (new)

Casey hmmm uhh whha....?
im jewish...

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 265 comments Asiyah wrote: "Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) wrote: "I know a very basic outline of the history, as in, one section of a history textbook. I know a bit on Muslim practices, though.

I've tried teaching myself Ar..."

What's the hardest part, then?!

So Casey, what's your opinion of the afterlife? (I love learning about different religions' views on the afterlife, if you haven't noticed)

message 15: by Casey (new)

Casey hmmp idk, i dont like religion much, people judge you by it, (exp: Nazi-badpeople)

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) wrote: "Asiyah wrote: "Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) wrote: "I know a very basic outline of the history, as in, one section of a history textbook. I know a bit on Muslim practices, though.

I've tried tea..."

so do i!

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 265 comments Casey wrote: "hmmp idk, i dont like religion much, people judge you by it, (exp: Nazi-badpeople) "

Those people are idiots.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) wrote: "Asiyah wrote: "Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) wrote: "I know a very basic outline of the history, as in, one section of a history textbook. I know a bit on Muslim practices, though.

I've tried tea..."

memorizing surah's!

message 19: by Casey (new)

Casey Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) wrote: "Casey wrote: "hmmp idk, i dont like religion much, people judge you by it, (exp: Nazi-badpeople) "

Those people are idiots. "

yuperz

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Casey wrote: "hmmp idk, i dont like religion much, people judge you by it, (exp: Nazi-badpeople) "

me ethier!

message 21: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (last edited Aug 23, 2009 07:50AM) (new)

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 265 comments Asiyah wrote: "memorizing surah's!"

What are the surah's? Are they the chapters? *racks memory for info I researched last year*

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah!in arabic so you have to memorize it!like this..

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 265 comments Wow, that kid has some voice! So you have to memorize all of that? Wow, that is really impressive!

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah..my quran teachers has to teach me the whole thing but i enjoy it!i like challenges!

message 26: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) "literally! "

Even though most of it has been disproved, and is contradictory?

message 27: by Pandy (last edited Aug 23, 2009 01:06PM) (new)

Pandy | 637 comments I don't know much about any of that. We're doing Islam in school later this year and I'm a bit scared about the test based on what I've heard, but anyway, I'm an atheist.

message 28: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) Same/

I always thought Islam was a pretty straight-forward subject to study. 5 pillars, a bunch of vocab, origins mostly.

message 29: by Pandy (new)

Pandy | 637 comments So it wasn't hard?

message 30: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) Mostly you just have to pay attention to the vocab, as all the words are Arabic and therefore hard to sound out or spell for english speakers.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah!in your school!but in mine if i don't know the whole textbook in 2 days i've got a c!

message 32: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) What grade are you in?

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

6th!but i can skip 2 grades if i want!

message 34: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) Why can you skip two grade if you want?

btw I'm in 10th.

message 35: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 23, 2009 02:11PM) (new)

Lauren wrote: "Why can you skip two grade if you want?

btw I'm in 10th. "

i'm kinda almost at genius level!

message 36: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) So you've had your I.Q. tested?

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah..

message 38: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) Watch'cha get?

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

139!

A Kid Named Megan☮ | 14 comments mine was around 139-140!i am muslim too!!

message 41: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) haha, I took one on facebook and I got around that, bit higher. Don't trust facebook though. X)

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Bookworm wrote: "mine was around 139-140!i am muslim too!!"

what up bookworm!?

message 43: by Tiffany , Is not active as of this current moment but is proud of you guys (new)

Tiffany  (tiffanyyy_wang) | 1972 comments Mod
I'm Roman Catholic.

message 44: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) Why?

message 45: by Tiffany , Is not active as of this current moment but is proud of you guys (new)

Huh? Cause I am!

message 46: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) No, did you decide on your own after considering other options, or did your parents just tell you to believe?

message 47: by Tiffany , Is not active as of this current moment but is proud of you guys (new)

Oh. I just went to church with my parents. But I really grew up believing what I do now and I'm only 11, so I still have time.

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

me too!

message 49: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) But if you had been born anywhere else, you would believe something totally different with the exact same conviction. So what makes you think what you believe is the right one?

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

because,i have no doubt's that i'm a good person!case closed.

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.