What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA girl with crazy mom

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Mandina (buffywnabe) | 4 comments A girl with a mom who is crazy, and has siblings, her mom's boyfriend is a good guy and wants to take care of the kids, but he can't because he's not really their dad.

It is one of my students looking for this. She said she started reading as a 6th grader, and she's an 8th grader now. She said she thought it had a white cover with maybe shattered glass on it.

message 2: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16839 comments Does your student know whether it was a middle grade or a YA book?

How old is the main character?

message 3: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (andforamoment) | 302 comments Crazy how? Mentally? Abusive? Wacky?

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Mandina (buffywnabe) | 4 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "Does your student know whether it was a middle grade or a YA book?

How old is the main character?"

I think it was a middle school book, will get more info on the age of the main character.

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Mandina (buffywnabe) | 4 comments Courtney wrote: "Crazy how? Mentally? Abusive? Wacky?"

Mentally, but not sure if she was abusive or not. Will check for some more info from the student.

message 6: by Katelyn (new)

Katelyn | 6 comments I THINK THIS MIGHT BE THE BOOK I’M LOOKING FOR!!!! I kind of remember the main character, a girl, maybe had purple hair?? she coped by doing art, specifically making a mosaic on her fireplace. I think the title had something to do with the work ‘broken’ or ‘shattered’, but it’s been so long since I’ve read it. I read it in middle school, which for me would’ve been between 2009-2013. I think she also helps the school play or something by painting a background?

message 7: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Mandina (buffywnabe) | 4 comments Katelyn wrote: "I THINK THIS MIGHT BE THE BOOK I’M LOOKING FOR!!!! I kind of remember the main character, a girl, maybe had purple hair?? she coped by doing art, specifically making a mosaic on her fireplace. I th..."
Not sure, but I need to get that student back to me to talk! :-) If you think of anything, let me know!

message 8: by Radhika (new)

Radhika Mohan | 4 comments did you guys ever find the name of this book? i'm searching for it right now

message 9: by Katelyn (new)

Katelyn | 6 comments still haven’t found it :( I really want to know though. I desperately want to reread it!!