Crime, Mysteries & Thrillers discussion

Cold Granite (Logan McRae, #1)
This topic is about Cold Granite
Archive - Group Reads > Cold Granite (Logan McRae #1) by Stuart MacBride (spoilers permitted) - May 2019

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by CMT Moderator (last edited Apr 09, 2019 11:53AM) (new)

CMT Moderator (cmtmoderator) | 47 comments Hello fellow Crime, Mystery & Thriller readers! This discussion is about Cold Granite (Logan McRae #1) by Stuart MacBride, your discussion leader is Britney.

Please note: If you have not finished reading the book spoilers are permitted in this discussion from the start.
Cold Granite (Logan McRae, #1) by Stuart MacBride Cold Granite (Logan McRae, #1) by Stuart MacBride Cold Granite (Logan McRae, #1) by Stuart MacBride Cold Granite (Logan McRae, #1) by Stuart MacBride Cold Granite by Stuart MacBride

Summary

DS Logan McRae and the police in Aberdeen hunt a child killer who stalks the frozen streets. Winter in Aberdeen: murder, mayhem and terrible weather!

It's DS Logan McRae's first day back on the job after a year off on the sick, and it couldn't get much worse. Four-year-old David Reid's body is discovered in a ditch, strangled, mutilated and a long time dead. And he's only the first. There's a serial killer stalking the Granite City and the local media are baying for blood.

Soon the dead are piling up in the morgue almost as fast as the snow on the streets, and Logan knows time is running out. More children are going missing. More are going to die. And if Logan isn't careful, he could end up joining them!

message 2: by Jenny (last edited May 19, 2019 05:18PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenny (diggensjenny) Cold Granite was the book that I fell in love with this series and the characters. Especially DS Logan McRae. Stuart MacBride is a fantastic writer with the way he ensures that I can laugh with the way he incorporates and portrays his characters throughout Cold Granite.

Linda (beaulieulinda117gmailcom) | 1238 comments I had to forego this series as I'm working on four others. This is definitely on my to read list.

message 4: by Icewineanne, Moderator (new) - added it

Icewineanne | 670 comments Mod
Mine too Linda!

Unfortunately I have to read books for my physical monthly book club get-togethers (3) before delving into other books.....but I do hope to get to this one this summer 😉

Happy reading to all!

Jenny (diggensjenny) Icewineanne and Linda, I hope you do get to read this book and enjoy this fantastic series.

message 6: by Icewineanne, Moderator (new) - added it

Icewineanne | 670 comments Mod
I bought a pb copy years ago but still haven’t gotten around to reading it. Must add it to my summer reading pile 😊

message 7: by Britney (new) - added it

Britney (tarheels) | 108 comments I’ve started this but haven’t had much reading days. Been working waaay to many hours.

Beth Buning | 25 comments Reading and enjoying so far. :)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Britney wrote: "I’ve started this but haven’t had much reading days. Been working waaay to many hours."

Poor you Britney, I hope your boss appreciates you!

Jenny (diggensjenny) Beth Buning wrote: "Reading and enjoying so far. :)"

I hope that continues for you, Beth!

message 11: by Pam (new) - rated it 4 stars

Pam (pammykn) | 31 comments I do want to read this one ... just in a crunch right now with too many books way too little time. I do intend to read later. I have read another book by him under a pseudonym and really liked it.

Jenny (diggensjenny) Pam wrote: "I do want to read this one ... just in a crunch right now with too many books way too little time. I do intend to read later. I have read another book by him under a pseudonym and really liked it."

No problems, Pam. You can always join the discussion later.

message 13: by Christina (new) - added it

Christina Phillips | 1 comments I just finished the book. There were so many moving parts I had to take my time with it. I really enjoyed it. Kept me guessing until the end.

Jenny (diggensjenny) I agree with you, Christina. I love the way, Stuart MacBride can incorporate laughter into his plots.

Beth Buning | 25 comments I really did enjoy this one. Would love to visit Scotland in spite of the not so glowing reviews of weather!