Shut Up & Read discussion

Honor Among Thieves (The Honors, #1)
This topic is about Honor Among Thieves
Archives- Buddy Reads > Honor Among Thieves by Rachel Caine

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leigh | 16189 comments Mod
We will start Thursday. Everyone is welcome to join.

message 2: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 4 stars

Just started. Wow! What an interesting concept! I would not want to be a passenger on one of the sentient alien ships. Leviathan...how interesting that is the name of the ship since we just finished that series.

message 3: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (last edited Apr 11, 2019 11:11AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Zara has some spunk. She has had a rough life. Her dad was terrible. How could someone do that to their child? What was in the bag that Zara stole that was so important?

message 4: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 4 stars

The alien ships, Leviathans, are very interesting. Why did they choose Zara? What could they want from her? What is the real purpose of the Honors and their year long service? I like Nadim. Is Beatrice going to make it on this trip?

message 5: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sheri | 12460 comments Mod
I'm not as far as you, but I like Zara!

message 6: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 4 stars

I do, too. She has spunk.

message 7: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leigh wrote: "Just started. Wow! What an interesting concept! I would not want to be a passenger on one of the sentient alien ships. Leviathan...how interesting that is the name of the ship since we just finishe..."

I was thinking the same thing! The ships sound really neat, but I would not want to be a passenger. The fact that they can actually talk to you...freaky!

message 8: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leigh wrote: "The alien ships, Leviathans, are very interesting. Why did they choose Zara? What could they want from her? What is the real purpose of the Honors and their year long service? I like Nadim. Is Beat..."

I wonder how the Honors are chosen...they seem to be all so different.

message 9: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (last edited Apr 15, 2019 02:42PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

For sure. So if Zara wouldn't have been @ the Rehab would she have been chosen?

message 10: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 4 stars

Typhon is a big bully who loves lording over everyone and everything.

message 11: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (last edited Apr 15, 2019 02:52PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

What do you think of Zara and Nadim's connection? I can't imagine having a soul connection with an alien being much less one who is a alien ship. WTH!

message 12: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 4 stars

I enjoyed this one.

message 13: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leigh wrote: "What do you think of Zara and Nadim's connection? I can't imagine having a soul connection with an alien being much less one who is a alien ship. WTH!"

It would be so strange having that kind of connection. How scary it would have been to be on a ship in the middle of space when he falls asleep! Beatrice and Zara work well together.

message 14: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 4 stars

That was scary! They do work well together. I'm glad that Beatrice was able to tough it out.

message 15: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 4 stars

What do you think of Typhon?

message 16: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leigh wrote: "What do you think of Typhon?"

You're right he is a big bully...he needs to be put in his place! I hope some of the other Leviathan back up Nadim and stand up to Typhon. I have a few chapters left...they are on their way to the hearing. Cant' wait to see how it ends!

message 17: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leigh wrote: "I enjoyed this one."

I am, too. I love the whole idea of the space ships who are aliens, lol. It's different.

I'm still wondering what the Honors are for. And what about Marcos...is Typhon controlling him and the other passenger (can't remember her name, lol)?

message 18: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 4 stars

Typhon is cruel and he takes instead of creating a genuine connection with his Honors. I like Marco not that sure about the other one.

message 19: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

Finished finally! The ending was interesting. I wonder what is going to happen with the other race of aliens. War? I'm glad Zara was able to sort of understand Typhon and understand why he was the way he was. A lot of action in this book.

message 20: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 4 stars

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I was sad about the other Honors and alien ships who died. Those spider things were so creepy! It did have plenty action. Typhon was not the terrible being I thought he was.