Crime, Mysteries & Thrillers discussion

Daisies for Innocence (Enchanted Garden Mystery, #1)
This topic is about Daisies for Innocence
Archive - Group Reads > Daisies for Innocence (Enchanted Garden Mystery #1) by Bailey Cattrell (spoilers permitted) - May 2019

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by CMT Moderator (last edited Apr 09, 2019 11:16AM) (new)

CMT Moderator (cmtmoderator) | 47 comments Hello fellow Cozy Mystery readers! This discussion is about Daisies for Innocence (Enchanted Garden Mystery #1) by Bailey Cattrell, your duscussion leader is Jenny.

Please note: If you have not finished reading the book spoilers are permitted in this discussion from the start.
Daisies for Innocence (Enchanted Garden Mystery, #1) by Bailey Cattrell Daisies for Innocence by Bailey Cattrell

Summary

The Enchanted Garden behind Elliana Allbright’s perfume shop draws people of all ages with its fragrant flowers and lush greenery. But when the magical serenity is interrupted, it’s up to Ellie to sniff out a killer.

Ellie’s life has blossomed in Poppyville, California, since she opened Scents & Nonsense, a custom-made-perfume store. Her skills with aromas and botanical essences—some from her very own garden—seem almost…supernatural. Her perfumes can evoke emotions, bring about change, or simply make people happy. Customers are flocking to the store to buy her wares or just to sit in her beautiful garden, sip tea and enjoy homemade cookies.

But she smells trouble when she learns that her part-time assistant Josie is dating her ex. And before she can tell the young woman to beware of his charms, she finds Josie dead in the Enchanted Garden. Now the prime suspect in Josie’s murder, Ellie must search for the real culprit in Josie’s past—because it’ll take a miracle to nip this problem in the bud....

message 2: by Gem , Moderator & Admin (last edited May 25, 2019 09:30AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gem  | 1273 comments Mod
I figured out who the killer was ahead of time, but not so early that it spoiled the read for me.

I wonder if the ex-husband and his friend, the cop, are going to continue to have it out for Ellie in the other books. I sure hope she's not a suspect again.