What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Little Girl Lost (DS Lucy Black, #1)
This topic is about Little Girl Lost
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Murder, mystery,Detective, Thriller - Female detective finds girl child alone in forest, Child is shocked & not talking. Brings kid to hospital. Maybe she is the child of a home where the mother is murdered and her husband missing. [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chapter (last edited Sep 16, 2019 10:01AM) (new)

Chapter Chat (chapter_chat_in_221b_bakerstreet) A female detective discovers a girl child alone in the forest. She and her partner brings this kid to hospital. At first they have no idea who she is. Then they discovers a home where a mother is murdered and her husband missing. They think this is possibly the child's home. At hospital female detective tries to read ''The Jungle Book'' to the child.
But child is shocked to talk. Detective thinks may be the condition of that child and Mowgli in The Jungle book are same..........

message 2: by Chapter (new)

Chapter Chat (chapter_chat_in_221b_bakerstreet) Can anybody Please Help Me?

message 3: by SamSpayedPI (new)

SamSpayedPI | 1599 comments Sorry; it's not familiar.

Can you tell us when you read it? A range is fine; even a decade helps people search.

Also, can you remember when the book was set? Was it modern? Did people use cell phones?

message 4: by Chapter (last edited Sep 18, 2019 03:03AM) (new)

Chapter Chat (chapter_chat_in_221b_bakerstreet) SamSpayedPI wrote: "Sorry; it's not familiar.

Can you tell us when you read it? A range is fine; even a decade helps people search.

Also, can you remember when the book was set? Was it modern? Did people use cell ..."

I’m so grateful for your time. I think i can add a few details. Hope this helps !

1)Read around 2014-2016. It must be published around that time too.
2) It was a modern book set in America.Everyone have cell phones and new devices.
3)Main protagonist is a female detective and her father is a retired police officer too.
4)I think one or two of other officers have a crush on our protagonist.(I know it is a stupid thing to mention.But what can i do? Desperate times call for desperate measures.Right?:) )
5)When they find an abandoned home with blood stains, they think this may be the child's home.

message 5: by SamSpayedPI (new)

SamSpayedPI | 1599 comments All I can come up with is Magic Hour, but the protagonist as a psychologist, not a detective.

Keep "bumping" your thread every 30 days so that fresh eyes can see it; there are many people with better search skills and more resources than me (not to mention people that may have read the book and remember the title).

message 6: by Chapter (new)

Chapter Chat (chapter_chat_in_221b_bakerstreet) Okay. I have a confession to make. The book is set in Ireland. Not in America.

message 7: by Chapter (new)

Chapter Chat (chapter_chat_in_221b_bakerstreet) and what's more, i find the book all by myself. This is the one:Little Girl Lost.

Thanks for all your efforts anyway.:)

message 8: by SamSpayedPI (new)

SamSpayedPI | 1599 comments Great - glad you found your book!

message 9: by SamSpayedPI (new)

SamSpayedPI | 1599 comments I just finished Little Girl Lost.

It's a great read, but there's no mention of The Jungle Book or Mowgli at all. The detective reads some fairly tales to the girl, who reacts to the wolf in "Little Red Riding Hood." And there's no indication that the detectives thought she was a "wild child" like Mowgli; she was wearing pajamas when discovered.