BooktubeSFF Awards discussion

City of Ghosts (Cassidy Blake, #1)
This topic is about City of Ghosts
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived 2019 > City of Ghosts

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Connor (connorobrien) | 23 comments Posting this a little bit late! I apologize! Feel free to share any thoughts you all have on City of Ghosts, Cassidy Blake, or any of the ghostly stories included in this middle grade book! Did you like this more or less than any of Victoria's other books? Where do you think the series is headed? Would you want to be able to cross the Veil?

Be sure to tag your spoilers!

Any late-comers are also more than welcome to add their thoughts and feelings as well.

Jessica | 41 comments So I read this in March, and I gotta say, I think Schwab does middle grade the best. When I first read the Shades of Magic trilogy I loved it, but I recently reread the first book and it lost it's magic for me, and I was so so about This Savage Song and the Archived. I really enjoyed City of Ghosts though! I liked where the story went and Cassidy's character and how Schwab created the other side. I am definitely going to continue this series.

ReadBecca (readxbecca) | 18 comments I really had to drag myself through this one, it didn't seem bad, just super forgettable. I also found the constant HP references a little odd.
I definitely did appreciate the effort providing a decent mini portrayal of Edinburgh, along with what it is like being exposed to travel outside your own country and differences in language, handled in a positive and kid friendly way.

Shelby M. (Read and Find Out) (shelby-m-read-and-find-out) | 51 comments I started this yesterday. I didn't enjoy the first two chapters, but the third chapter has caught my interest.

Shelby M. (Read and Find Out) (shelby-m-read-and-find-out) | 51 comments This was fine. I liked it more than Aru Shah, because the humor didn't feel as try-hard to me. But yeah, the constant Harry Potter references were a bit much. xD

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.