What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Biblical fantasy with a lot of sexual references, with regard to submitting virgins to the high priest before their wedding and the like

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tom (new)

Tom Thomas | 2 comments I read this book about 15 to 20 years ago and it was a pretty old book in the library back then. It is a biblical fantasy with a lot of sexual references, with regard to submitting virgins to the high priest before their wedding and the likes. The book also had a story about someone not abiding by this rule and how they became blind and people said it was a punishment from the God. Most of the stories in the book are vaguely based on the old testament and are fictional.

The first chapter starts with genesis about Adam meeting Eve for the first time and their encounters and so on. Sadly, I do not remember much else about the book. I read it in Malayalam and the title would roughly translate to "the river flows beyond the green pastures".

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38154 comments Mod
Was it originally published in English?

message 3: by Tom (new)

Tom Thomas | 2 comments I like to believe it was. As a side note, I think what I described above is basically a fictional story/novel about primae noctis that existed in the Christianity. I read this book back in 2000 - 2002ish era.

message 4: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
Tom ~~
You can "bump" your thread every month or so. This pushes your thread back to the top of the folder instead of languishing here on page 210 from seven months ago where fewer eyes will see it. Get back in the game! Bump!
You can do this by typing a new comment at the end of the thread, or even by typing the word "bump."
Good luck!