Play Book Tag discussion

The Language of Thorns: Midnight Tales and Dangerous Magic (Grishaverse, #0.5, 2.5, 2.6)
This topic is about The Language of Thorns
Archive: Other Books > The Language of Thorns: Midnight Tales and Dangerous Magic by Leigh Bardugo - 4.5 stars

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Magdalena | 414 comments 4.5*

Such a great short story collection! I really enjoyed this. I don't read a lot of short stories because I feel like their quality can be unpredictable and I was especially wary of this one since I've never read anything else by this author but it ended up being wonderful and the illustrations were absolutely beautiful.

Taking inspiration from six well known fairy tales Leigh Bardugo delves deep into the original myths and legends far past the insipid Disney layer to expose the darker richer under layers while adding her own twists where you least expect it.

I think I if I could rate them separately I would rate them as follows:

Ayama and the Thorn Wood 5 stars
The Too-Cleaver Fox 3 stars
The Witch of Duva 4 stars
Little Knife 3.5 stars
The Soldier Prince 5 stars
When Water Sang Fire 5 stars

message 2: by Joanne (last edited Apr 09, 2019 06:11AM) (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7101 comments I like her writing a lot, and also not a fan of short stories. However, I am going to add this to my shelf, just in case I need a short story collection one day!

annapi | 4849 comments I've never tried this author, but I've always meant to. Putting this on my TBR.

Hebah (quietdissident) | 674 comments This collection was my first encounter with Bardugo's writing, and it definitely piqued my interest to read more of her work. It's probably one of the most beautiful books I've read in a while, or since, really.