The Flashman Club discussion

Main > Which unwritten adventure were you most eager for?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joe (new)

Joe Smith | 1 comments I'm sure most people will choose The American Civil War, but I would have loved to see Flashman's Latin American adventures. It would have been so much fun to read about him cowering in fear at Camerone as Captain Danjou and his valiant Legionnaires held off the Mexican lancers, and later, his trip to Paraguay during the War of the Triple Alliance; bedding Eliza Lynch and cuckolding the pompous dictator of Paraguay, Francisco Solano Lopez, as the country descended into chaos.

message 2: by Robert (new)

Robert | 3 comments I always felt a bit cheated by Flashman and the Tiger as there was barely a mention of Rorke's Drift and few bowel churning moments of terror with the Zulus. I would also have liked to hear about his adventures in the Boxer rebellion, which he made fleeting references to. While he would have been an old man then, I am sure he could have got up to some mischief.

message 3: by Mark (new)

Mark Taha | 13 comments Of course the American Civil War. the alternative Flashman book on the subject was unconvincing-my view was that Flashman returned to Britain in 1861 to be knighted by the Queen and put in charge of the Prince of Wales' military training. After Albert's death,he was sent to America on a kind of undercover mission-maybe as an observer?- and things developed from there. I wonder if Lincoln remembered Beauchamp Comber?

message 4: by Djb (new)

Djb | 284 comments Mark wrote: "Of course the American Civil War. the alternative Flashman book on the subject was unconvincing-my view was that Flashman returned to Britain in 1861 to be knighted by the Queen and put in charge o..."

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Not seen the thread on 'the unfinished Flashman' ? I've written two books (almost) covering Flashman's adventures with Union & rebel forces, as discussed on this thread.