What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Book which revealed the thoughts of those around you

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by David (new)

David | 1 comments Hi all,

I am attempting to find a book on someone else's behalf, so forgive me for the lack of concrete details as I myself have not read this book yet. The details are however:
- a male protagonist buys a book from a pop-up antique store, owned by an old Asian man
- when the protagonist is examining the book on the train, it reveals a strange dialogue; i.e. the inner thoughts of the people around him
- he is privy to the thought of one passenger who reveals that they intend to kill someone; frightened, he closes the book and reads it no further
- the next day, he finds out in the news that a murder has taken place and the killer is the exact passenger he had encountered the previous day; he takes the train again only for the same events to occur again
- the protagonist returns to the antique store to return the book, only to find that the store never existed in the first place

The novel is apparently very short, and these are the only plot details I have.

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
David ~~
You can "bump" your thread every month or so. This pushes your thread back to the top of the folder instead of languishing here on page 199 from six months ago where fewer eyes will see it. Get back in the game! Bump!
You can do this by typing a new comment at the end of the thread, or even by typing the word "bump."
Good luck!