A Wheel Of Time Read Along discussion

The Great Hunt (The Wheel of Time, #2)
This topic is about The Great Hunt
The Great Hunt - Book #2 > tGH Week 2 - Chapters 13 - 26

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jason (darkfiction) | 145 comments Mod
We are moving along really well! What are your thoughts on these chapters?

Lynn Silsby | 12 comments I'm up to Chapter 22 and omg, Selene is no good and they need to stay away.

Lynn Silsby | 12 comments Also, Ingtar is clearly way too into the glory and power of the Horn, Boromir-style.

Jason (darkfiction) | 145 comments Mod
Ingtar really is obsessed with that horn. It’s like the dagger with Mat almost.

Amanda (tazzypumpkin) | 20 comments I trust Ingtar with the horn way more than Selene. She's super shady and makes me want to smack her every time she talks about the glory.

Kane Taylor (kano84) Yep, Selene is no good at all. Clearly something is going to happen there. I don't think it's any secret really, and appears to have been written in a way to have the reader become suspicious on her motivations fairly early on. But still, I have no idea what will happen there. She seems to be trying to get Rand to use the horn or his power for some reason or another.
But yes, I am very much enjoying this book so far. If the rest of the books are this good, then this will easily become my favourite series of all time!

Deborah Cox | 5 comments It is worrisome that Rand, Perrin and Mat have been turned loose since it is known that the Dark can tweak the pattern just as the Light can. They are still young in the world although they are coming along.

Not many characters that you can really cosy up to, but I do like Loial...he is so funny (unlike Mat who is just irritating).

Sunil | 22 comments Serene is with 3 guys who all seem to be mesmerised by her beauty. If there was a girl in the party they might be questioning her motives a bit more.

Thom is is back! I quite liked Cairhien, it's a really interesting place if you're into political games.

Daniel Ruiz | 5 comments Selene is definitely up to something. Intgar seems to only obsess about the horn. Reminds me of Gollum a little bit.

Zachary Smith | 4 comments Yeah in agreement with everyone Selene is not good for Rand by any means. Is it too early (or late) for #TeamEgwene

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 37 comments I'm up to chapter 19. I've noticed there aren't any spoiler tags so I will return once I finish Chapter 26.

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 37 comments I’m enjoying seeing the training to become an Aesadi. The trails seem like they’d be really intense. Rands hilarious. All of a sudden I’m chapter 26 he’s like “oh yeah where is Selene?”

Hoang (hoangh98) | 35 comments Man, Selene is probably Lanfear. Just too many clues. She knows way too much.

Hoang (hoangh98) | 35 comments This book is currently way better than the first book. The only thing I don't like is the Children of the Light and these weirdos, Seanchan.

Hoang (hoangh98) | 35 comments Also, Hurin and Loial are currently 2 of my favourite characters. I love their interactions with Rand.

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 37 comments Hoang wrote: "Also, Hurin and Loial are currently 2 of my favourite characters. I love their interactions with Rand."

I listened to the audiobook for most of the book, so when I see names written, I'm just like, "who?"

Hoang (hoangh98) | 35 comments oh haha, Hurin is the sniffer. Loial is the Ogier. Yeah, names are hard to remember when you listen to audiobooks, but the adventure is still amazing !

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 37 comments Hoang wrote: "oh haha, Hurin is the sniffer. Loial is the Ogier. Yeah, names are hard to remember when you listen to audiobooks, but the adventure is still amazing !"

More so I have the names spelled differently in my head.