The Secret Cabal discussion

Tablet recommendations

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christian (new)

Christian Hemion | 5 comments I figured this might be the best group to get opinions from. My current iPad is 9 years old and I’m in need of a new one. I primarily use it for (in order of primary use) reading, watching videos, board game apps. What models do you think are best and why? I’m leaning toward staying with apple but I’m open to suggestions.

message 2: by Wes (new)

Wes Baker (wesbaker) | 1 comments I'm very biased as almost every computing device I own is an Apple product, but I'd tell you to stick with Apple. They're generally more expensive, but more polished in various ways, but again: I'm biased.

As for model, I always recommend going for the best model you can reasonably afford that fits your needs. If you like something small, your only option is the iPad mini, which just got refreshed.

If you want the larger size (9.7" or 11"), then things get harder. I have an iPad Pro 10.5" and love the extra performance. I mostly do the same things you do and I appreciate the extra oomph it has. Is it 100% necessary? Nope, it's a luxury, but it is nice.

message 3: by Christian (new)

Christian Hemion | 5 comments Thanks for the advice. I think the mini is too small. I doubt it would be great for running imperial assault or watching anything.

message 4: by Rick (new)

Rick (rwestbrock) | 3 comments I am an Android guy but when I bought my first tablet it was an iPad because it had a larger selection of board game apps. I think the discrepancy isn’t so pronounced these days but I still feel like Apple is the way to go for board game apps.