Beta Reader Group discussion

Critique Partners and Swaps > Swippity Swap Swap

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elise (new)

Elise (phoenix_girl) | 14 comments Hi y'all's! I'm a very busy girl with the occasional stretch of boredom that I'd love to fill reading YOUR story! (This, of course, comes with the implication that you'll read mine in return.)

I'll take any genre spanning middle grade to new adult, excluding the genres of horror/thriller/crime, smut/erotica, and fanfiction (just being specific here). I'm not partial to romance but you can ask and I'll see if I can jive with it.

So... without further ado, meet my proffered book!

Title: "RIOT"
Genre: YA/NA Sci-Fi
Subgenres: Cyberpunk, Dystopian, Romance, Friendship, Adventure

Summary:
WELCOME TO THE IMPERIAL CITY
As they struggle to avoid discovery and entanglement in the intricate web of corruption within the Vixian capital and its most dangerous household, Princess and Yale fight to protect their identities, hearts, and very lives amidst the precarious positions they fill and the tenuous relationships they form.
BETRAYAL IS JUST THE BEGINNING

Blurb:
"It was lively and busy, noisy and teeming with food, metal, and life. Something she hadn't seen for years.
It was the City.
She shakily withdrew her eyes from the sight, the rattle of metal drawing her gaze down to her hands.
They had chained her.
In a flash of realization, Princess' mind whittled down to focus on one thing:
Betrayal."

So if you're down, hit me up! Have a wonderful day!

message 2: by Amanda Mae (new)

Amanda Mae Downey (amandamaedowney) | 10 comments Hey Elise! My name is Amanda Mae and I'm a young adult writer and I'd love to swippity swap and I'm always looking for new writing buddies too!
Here's my summary:

Eighteen-year-old Aiden Payne is a drifter. His only memory of home is a mysterious tattoo. While working as a gold miner, he meets Amelia Rose Wagner who has fallen in love with navigation and a mother she’s never met. One fatal mistake leaves the pair in its ruins and their growing attraction towards each other only makes matters worse. Now, even planning an escape might prove impossible.

Hundreds of miles away, Jade Harris finds her way to a naval port after the murders of her father and crewmates. When a bounty hunter after the same pirate offers her a job in exchange for the remains of the ship, Jade accepts. As she repairs her vessel, old enemies and secretive newcomers make her question everything she knew about her father and the attack.

Now these three strangers must unbury the secrets of their shared pasts, but memory proves to be a very fickle thing.

There's also a good bit of romance in my book but it's definitely all subplot and it's also fairly unexpected and it won't make you gag. I lowkey have to fix my blurb up to reflect that. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised though. If you're interested in swapping with me, we can exchange our first chapters and see if we're a good fit!
my email is amandamaedowney@gmail.com
I'd love to hear from you!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Elise wrote: "Hi y'all's! I'm a very busy girl with the occasional stretch of boredom that I'd love to fill reading YOUR story! (This, of course, comes with the implication that you'll read mine in return.)

I'l..."

If I may ask, how long is your story in words?

message 4: by Elise (new)

Elise (phoenix_girl) | 14 comments 84K words, about