Challenge Corner discussion

Peril at End House (Hercule Poirot, #8)
This topic is about Peril at End House
Let's Buddy! - Classics > Peril at End House by Agatha Christie -> Starting April 10th, 2019

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alaina (ameserole) | 53424 comments Mod
An Alternate Cover Edition of this ISBN can be found here.

Hercule Poirot is vacationing on the Cornish coast when he meets Nick Buckly. Nick is the young and reckless mistress of End House, an imposing structure perched on the rocky cliffs of St. Loo.

Poirot has taken a particular interest in the young woman who has recently narrowly escaped a series of life-threatening accidents. Something tells the Belgian sleuth that these so-called accidents are more than just mere coincidences or a spate of bad luck. It seems all too clear to him that someone is trying to do away with poor Nick, but who? And, what is the motive? In his quest for answers, Poirot must delve into the dark history of End House. The deeper he gets into his investigation, the more certain he is that the killer will soon strike again. And, this time, Nick may not escape with her life.

Claire  | 388 comments I will probably start a bit earlier than you as my april 10 starts earlier:-)

Claire  | 388 comments I started my reading and enjoying it. I have read this book like maybe 30 years ago, so I don’t remember a lot of it. The MC is really likable and Poirot is his usual self:-) Hope you are enjoying to too...

Claire  | 388 comments Seems I am reading alone right now, so I will wait for you. I am now halfway through the book. As allways, everyone is a suspect, which makes the guessing sometimes difficult. You start to think to hard if something is said to get you sidetracked or a real clue.

Jammin Jenny (jamminjenny) | 3309 comments I'll be reading this tonight before I go to bed. Looking forward to it!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 3307 comments I’ve been doing RL & Turf Wars Lol I’m going on a weekend trip this weekend so hopefully I can get this read in the morning before my daughter & her husband & baby “move in” for a few days while they get their house fumigated.

Claire, you’ve been KILLING it with your reading!!

message 7: by Jammin Jenny (last edited Apr 11, 2019 10:45PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jammin Jenny (jamminjenny) | 3309 comments 38% = (view spoiler)
58% (view spoiler)
88% (view spoiler)

Jammin Jenny (jamminjenny) | 3309 comments Finished!

Ah those little grey cells of Hercule Poirot! And his devoted friend Colonel Hastings. I really enjoyed this Agatha Christie story of attempted murder, murder, blackmail and deceit. I did not guess the ending which is always good for me in an Agatha Christie story.

Claire  | 388 comments I am almost finished. For some reason I am thinking that (view spoiler)

Jammin Jenny (jamminjenny) | 3309 comments I'm not gonna spoil it...

Claire  | 388 comments Ok, so I finished and (view spoiler)
I enjoyed it!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 3307 comments I finished too but I need someone to please post it fo me. I did a shoddy review but hard on my phone.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 3307 comments I'm finally back home and can comment now!

40% I loved the mystery of this one! (view spoiler) I thought that was interesting.

58% (view spoiler)

90% I also suspected the (view spoiler)

100% I didn't expect (view spoiler) and I definitely did not figure out the ending!