What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

And She Was
This topic is about And She Was
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA-teen takes roadtrip to find real father [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kassi (new) - added it

Kassi | 14 comments I am afraid on this one I am crossing plots or I read about 2 similar books and am combining details. I remember something about a teen going on a roadtrip to find/meet their father. I was thinking the teen was a girl. I was also thinking she either believed her father dead previously from her mother or she did some sort of dna test (maybe even at school in class) and found that her father wasn't really her father (maybe adopted) and goes to find him. Or maybe the though he was dead father and adoption were two different books and I am confusing the plots. I think these were both recent YA releases(if there is 2)-like last few years. I am trying to remember/find the title to buy for a roadtrip theme in the library, and I remember getting this plot line in a publisher's preview email. Thanks for any help!

message 2: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2500 comments Mod
Here are some recent YA titles that have road trips and father issues:

Don't Fail Me Now

Hit the Ground Running

Rayne & Delilah's Midnite Matinee

The Lost & Found

The Geography of Lost Things

And She Was (teen girl searching for grandparents she never knew, not father, but I'm throwing it out there anyway)

message 3: by Rosa (new)

message 5: by Kassi (new) - added it

Kassi | 14 comments Andria, you rock! Okay, so it was 2 I was combining in my head. I sort of thought they might have been separate. So what I was thinking of was Don't Fail Me Now and And She Was. In And She Was, discovering on birth certificate her family(dad) wasn't as she thought. Thinking she lived with her mom and her dad wasn't around/dead. and Don't Fail Me Now where they are on a road trip to see dying dad. Thank you!!!