Reese's Book Club x Hello Sunshine discussion

April 2019 > What do you think?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hello (new)

Hello Sunshine | 58 comments Mod
Yes or No -- Is there a Night Tiger?

message 2: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Quigley | 1 comments I think there is, but I don't think it is an animal. I wonder who it is though? I wonder if it's someone they have introduced. I think it's a woman.

message 3: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (rockermom16) | 8 comments I think there is something out there that is causing they mysterious deaths of the dogs and the salesman who dropped the finger who died suddenly? I think it is otherworldly.

message 4: by Sherral (new)

Sherral I definitely think Dr. McFarland's ghost was in a tiger form after his death (the paw print missing the toe! Visiting the buried finger!) but was he a weretiger while alive? This book definitely brings up the concept of souls being able to move from one reality to another, so... maybe?

message 5: by Raymond (new)

Raymond | 2 comments Sherral wrote: "I definitely think Dr. McFarland's ghost was in a tiger form after his death (the paw print missing the toe! Visiting the buried finger!) but was he a weretiger while alive? This book definitely br..."

I agree with Sherral. I have a suspicion that Lydia may have been one as well. What do you think?

message 6: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Liko | 17 comments I believe that people that have passed, but their body was not buried completely whole, like Dr. McFarlane, their lost souls/ghosts were the night tigers. I do agree that he was possibly a weretiger while still alive, maybe due to his impeding death and decline?

message 7: by Leandra (new)

Leandra (leandramaura) I think it's one of those things that are put on purpuse in a way that is difficult to tell if they are real or not. That is what superstition is about as well. It's calles magical realism, and it gives to these stories that hint of supernatural that I love so much! I like to think that dr. McFarlane was a night tiger, and that his spirit was wandering around -like Ren thought.

message 8: by Jody (new)

Jody | 8 comments Yes, I agree, I think that Dr. Mcpharlane was a weretiger, and was roaming around as a tiger after his death; and maybe the only way to stop this was to bury his missing finger with him. I just wished this was explained a little more in the book...

message 9: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (alyssascard) | 57 comments I think there was a night tiger. I don't necessarily think it was an animal. I think it was a person. I agree with everyone when they say it was Dr. McFarlane in some form.