Challenge Corner discussion

Eleanor & Grey
This topic is about Eleanor & Grey
Let's Buddy! - Contemporary > Eleanor & Grey, by Brittainy C. Cherry - Starting April 8th 2019

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

Felicia | 14751 comments Mod
Greyson East left his mark on me.

As the young girl who first fell for him, I didn’t know much about life. I did know about his smiles, though, and his laughs, and the strange way my stomach flipped when he was near.

Life was perfect…until it wasn’t, and when we were forced to go our separate ways, I held on to our memories, let go of my first crush, and wished for the day I’d find him again.

When my wish came true, it was nothing like I imagined.

I couldn’t have known when I took the nanny position that it would be his children I looked after, that my new boss would be that boy I used to know, that boy who was now a man—a cold, lonely, detached man.

The smile and laugh I had loved so much were gone, now distant memories. Every part of him was covered in a fresh pain.

When he realized who I was, he made me promise to do my job and my job only.
He made me promise not to try to get to know him, not to recall the memories I’d treasured all this time.

But, sometimes, I saw the boy I’d once known in his stormy eyes. I saw the Greyson who smiled and laughed, who had stolen a young girl’s heart, and there was no doubt in my mind that this boy was worth fighting for.

I was given a second chance with the one who’d left his mark on me. All I hoped was that somehow I’d leave a mark on his soul, too.

**Eleanor & Grey is a complete Standalone novel**

Morgan Shipman (morganshipman) | 201 comments Oh gosh I'm so excited!!!! I'm only 5% into this one, so it'll be a little bit before I update. Since it's ebook, I'll update by % as opposed to chapters.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 3270 comments Okay, and it's only available on KU as of now. I could have SWORN I ordered a regular paperback of it but I guess not.

I'm excited to read this one too! It's the ONLY book of hers that I haven't read yet. I love her writing because she pulls at the heartstrings and the nasty is not too nasty. Maybe not enough for your taste! LOL

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 3270 comments Oh, and I am bummed about one thing. I was using this one for a challenge for a book that fewer than 100 have rated and it had 96. I thought I'd pull it off but she already has 307 ratings now.

Morgan Shipman (morganshipman) | 201 comments Vicki wrote: "Okay, and it's only available on KU as of now. I could have SWORN I ordered a regular paperback of it but I guess not.

I'm excited to read this one too! It's the ONLY book of hers that I haven't r..."

Oh you already know I'm a diehard BC fan! I love her! I still need to finish reading a few of hers, including the one you got me--Behind the Bars!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 3270 comments Morgan wrote: "Vicki wrote: "Okay, and it's only available on KU as of now. I could have SWORN I ordered a regular paperback of it but I guess not.

I'm excited to read this one too! It's the ONLY book of hers th..."

Yes, that's why I'm so excited to read this one! I have a book I need to finish for tomorrow so I'm reading that one right now, but I won't probably read more than half because I'm dying to get to this one! LOL

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 3270 comments Sadie wrote: "Can I get in on this BR too?? I LOVE BC Cherry so much! One of my absolute favorite one-click authors."

YES! We'd love to have you join us! Hey, we're all fans! I met her in person at the Book Bonanza in Denver, July 2018. I LOVE her!!! She's definitely one of my top 5!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 3270 comments I'm in the same boat! LOL I also got Rebecca Donovan's new book The Cursed Series, Parts 1 & 2 (If I'd Known/Knowing You) by Rebecca Donovan today and I want to read it too! Too little time!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 3270 comments Sadie wrote: "Did you see that Kylie Scott’s new book Repeat also just came out?! I’m dying to read it!"

I hadn't seen that but it's on my TBR shelf now and it's free on my Romance Audio Package, so thank you!

When do you plan to read it?

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 3270 comments I agree with you, Sadie, and I'm glad that your response to this book is the same as mine. If there's one thing that Brittainy can do, it's hook me from the get-go. But her books nearly always make me cry too.

I'll post tomorrow because it's after midnight and I had to finish another book and I've been updating so I'm tired and hitting the sack.

BTW you don't live that far from me. I'm in Manteca, about 20 miles south of Stockton. I think you're around 120 miles from me but not too bad.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 3270 comments 22%, Ch. 1-10

OMG I am only 22% in, and I am bawling. LOL It's so hard to get a good solid several hours in to read in one sitting!

Grey (view spoiler)

Ellie I love how she's able to be herself with Grey and that he's so into her. She's already learned that judging others by their appearance is not only wrong, but it's literally often wrong. I hate that her mom has breast cancer.

Ellie's mom and dad (view spoiler)

Grey's mom and dad (view spoiler)

BRITTAINY C. CHERRY She's the bomb!!!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 3270 comments I swear I'm going to through this computer or Goodreads through a window!!! I just updated my comments and went to post them and this pink thing with a bunch of gibberish came up so it wouldn't post.

I'll just cover Chapters 11-25 now because I have an appointment. Grrrr

Ellie's dad (view spoiler)

What are the odds that Eleanor (view spoiler)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 3270 comments I just want to say that I love this author so much! Life has a way of (view spoiler) I shipped Ellie and Grey so hard! I wanted them to be together from the first day they met.

I just cannot get enough of this author!

Morgan Shipman (morganshipman) | 201 comments Sadie wrote: "Did you see that Kylie Scott’s new book Repeat also just came out?! I’m dying to read it!"

I have not read Kylie Scott. What books do you recommend?