Boxall's 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die discussion

At Swim-Two-Birds
This topic is about At Swim-Two-Birds
Specific List Books > At Swim-Two-Birds

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ella (new)

Ella (ellamc) I've put off reading this one for a couple reasons: 1) it's not handy at my library and 2) I'm deathly afraid I've not read enough Irish Literature to actually appreciate it. But I picked up a copy over the weekend, and I'm now wondering "what IS enough Irish lit"? Are there specifics I should certainly read before reading this book? Something I must read? I've read more Irish literature since this was written, but what must I have read from before the 1930s will eventually make this one more enjoyable? Thoughts? Am I too concerned about this?

message 2: by BookLovingLady (last edited Apr 08, 2019 11:03AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

BookLovingLady Ella wrote: "Am I too concerned about this? ..."

I think you are 🙂 I read At Swim-Two-Birds for a challenge of the Netherlands & Flanders group, in July 2014, and it worked out fine. But I must say, I've read a lot of books... 😃 (you're roughly my age and I had the system do a comparison of our books: Judging from what you've read, you should be alright).

message 3: by Ella (new)

Ella (ellamc) Thank you. Sometimes I realize that I have rather rigid rules I've set up in my brain, and I need to kick them around a bit to get the dust off and see clearly. I shall read this then, very soon! Thanks again! (BTW, what is your cat's name?)

BookLovingLady Ella wrote: "Thank you. Sometimes I realize that I have rather rigid rules I've set up in my brain, and I need to kick them around a bit to get the dust off and see clearly. I shall read this then, very soon! T..."

Can't answer that here but I'll send you an invitation 😉

message 5: by Sean (new) - added it

Sean (fordest) | 724 comments Mod
Booklovinglady wrote: "Can't answer that here but I'll send you an invitation,..."

Oh how the imagination gets going... ha!

Boxall's 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

At Swim-Two-Birds (other topics)