Book Club for Introverts discussion

The Seven Husbands... > Final Thoughts & Discussion

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Jenkinson (jenniferjenkinson) | 414 comments Mod
Let's discuss!

message 2: by Katy (new)

Katy Cameron | 8 comments As I listened to the book rather than read it, I have no idea what chapters were where - it flowed so beautifully in audio that I think I'd have been quite upset by all the stopping and starting in the number of chapters I see here!

I thought it was an interesting subject for a book, and it's certainly not a genre I've come across before, which was nice as it meant I had no expectations in terms of formulaic outcomes. I did see where her dad was going to come into it as soon as the accident mentioned a passenger, but the rest of it was refreshingly unexpected from one chapter to the next. I'm glad that Evelyn and Celia did make it in the end though, even though it wasn't as long as it could have been.

message 3: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 35 comments Overall, I really enjoyed this book! I like how we went through each marriage, being taken into how it all unraveled, etc. There were some parts where I was shocked at certain events, and other parts were easy for me to predict what was going to happen. I can’t wait to read more from TJR!!

message 4: by Brittani (new)

Brittani Conrad | 14 comments I agree with Ruth! I loved this book and the way it was written, I so wished that it was a true story. I like how each marriage and story was almost like a timeline and easy to follow. I finished this book in two days. It’s a sad truth that often people choose their careers and getting ahead than love.

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Jenkinson (jenniferjenkinson) | 414 comments Mod
I'm so glad we picked this book. This isn't one I would have picked on my own and really enjoyed the characters and the writing.

Our May book poll is up! Be sure to vote and watch for the giveaway of two copies.

message 6: by Myra (new)

Myra | 48 comments Glad to have this group to read with! Looking forward to our next book!