The Seven Husbands... > Chapters 24-27

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Jenkinson (jenniferjenkinson) | 414 comments Mod
Let's discuss!

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

I'm happy that Celia won the Oscar and I loved Evelyn's reaction.

I'm continually shocked by how calculating Evelyn is. I understand why but wow, she thinks quick on her feet. Revealing "just enough" was genius. I'm glad that the movie allowed her to get her own career back on track. I fear that there's trouble around the corner between her and Celia though. Evelyn has to make her next move and that seems to involve stepping on others.

message 3: by deana everett (new)

deana everett | 124 comments I think it’s clear that Evelyn loves Celia but I don’t think she loves her “enough”. I do respect that she was honest with Celia that she wasn’t willing to give everything up, however. I don’t think she was completely honest. Her reasons, I believe, were due to fear for what it meant for her career more than what it would do to Celia’s. I’m afraid she’s too smart for her own good—will her plan backfire?

message 4: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 35 comments I think Evelyn loves Celia, but we can see that it’s not enough to let her career go down the drain if they are discovered. Evelyn is really great at coming up with plans, but I think this elopement will hurt her and Celia’s relationship.

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

Agreed, Ruth. I don’t think anything will ever matter to Evelyn as much as her career. Things might be a tie with it but I don’t know that anything will ever take priority.