Book Club for Introverts discussion

The Seven Husbands... > Chapters 8-10

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Jenkinson (jenniferjenkinson) | 414 comments Mod
Let's discuss!

message 2: by Myra (new)

Myra | 48 comments She only thought she was free. Evelyn is controlled by everyone around her. she is easily fooled into thinking that she is making her own choices, but everyone in her life is using her. And now this husband. I hope she has the strength to leave!

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

My stomach sank when Don described the ways that he loved her as they danced. And now he’s hitting her.

I have to wonder how many Hollywood marriages have essentially been arranged like this one. I hope not but after reading this, I’m curious.

message 4: by deana everett (new)

deana everett | 124 comments Agree, her first clue should have been his explanatuon of why he loved her. I didn’t expect the hitting. She seemed genuinely in love with him. I’m glad she and Harry professed their “best friend” love. I hope she leans on him now and that he helps her.

message 5: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 35 comments It makes me sad that Don basically married her because of the Hollywood life. Evelyn seemed genuinely happy with him and now he’s hitting her. I also agree, that his reasons for loving her were insincere.

message 6: by Jennifer (new)

I tend to think that if he hadn’t hit her and used her, she could have said he was one of her loves. I found it sad too that Hollywood got in the way when she thought it was more.