Book Club for Introverts discussion

The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo
This topic is about The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo
The Seven Husbands... > Chapters 1-3

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jennifer Jenkinson (jenniferjenkinson) | 414 comments Mod
Let's discuss!

Myra | 48 comments Love this one so far! Seems that Evelyn wanted to talk to Monique out of Grace's earshot. wonder what that's about...

Evelyn is a tough client for sure. I’m loving the back and forth, the questions, and Evelyn telling Monique to negotiate and make them pay her what they would pay a white man.

I also appreciated Evelyn’s observations about younger generations not realizing the power in the words they use. She’s a smart lady.

deana everett | 124 comments This is not the book I expected and I’m glad! I love it so far. I’m betting there’s a connection with Monique’s Dad after all. It doesn’t make sense that she’d give her this opportunity for no reason.

I agree. It would be an awfully random coincidence that her dad worked in Hollywood and now Evelyn has sought Monique out.

Ruth | 35 comments I’m also seeing a connection between Monique’s dad and Evelyn. Maybe a secret relationship? I’m pleased with Monique’s ability to stand her ground when it comes to Evelyn. She hasn’t backed down and I really like that about her character.